The 90G Tank That A SW Newbie Has Started

chrisbialek

As said i'm new to the forum, and to reefing really I just got into it along with my girlfriend about 3 months ago when we started from a buddy of mines 55G reef tank, from there we we're hooked and decided to upgrade to this 90G tank. I know these pictures aren't the best because we had just spot fed and most everything is closed :-/. As soon as I can I will put some better ones up with everything opened wide for you guys to take a look at. For the most part I'm still learning with coral so I'll be honest I don't know everything by name quite yet but i'm working on it!

Here are the pictures and heres a list of what I know is in the tank.

Fish
Clown Tang
Red Sea Sailfin Tang
Yellow Tang
2 Clarkii Clownfish
Blue Damsel
Yellow Tail Damsel
Pajama Cardinal
Lawnmower Blenny
Total = 9

Inverts
Multiple Snails & Turbo Snails
Multiple Blue Legged Hermit Crabs
2 Horse Shoe Crabs
2 Long Tentacle Anemones

Corals (That I can name sorry!)
Pectinia
Orange Digi
Multiple Types of Zoanthids
Orange, Blue, and Green Ricordea
Purple, Green, and One Orange Mushroom(s)
Hairy Mushrooms
Small Frogspawn w/ 2 Heads
Leafplate Monti Frag
Yellow Scroll w/ Zoanthids Growing w/ it
Candy Cane Frag 3 Heads
Red Chalice
Unknown Black Sponge Tube?
An Unknown Purple Chalice w/ Green eyes.
Flower Tree Coral
Orange Monti Coral?​

Equipment​
Lighting
T5 4 Actinic's 2 White's
Night Lights - 4 Blue LEDS - 2 White LEDS

The rest of the equipment is not relevant because it will be changing hopefully in the coming weeks.

tank7.jpg

tank6r.jpg

tank5v.jpg

tank4c.jpg

tank3g.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank1u.jpg

tankw.jpg

Daytime Finally!
newtank.jpg

newtank1.jpg

newtank2g.jpg

newtank3.jpg

newtank4.jpg

newtank6.jpg

newtank7.jpg

newtank8.jpg

newtank9.jpg

newtank11.jpg

newtank13.jpg

newtank14.jpg

SecretAgent

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....I was LMBO at that clown trying to snuggle in on that little whatever it is....poor him...lol Welcome to RS!! VERY nice tanks.....=)

SecretAgent

Eric! :::::wavin::::::::::: heya! Dang, we seem to always get within sec or min of a post.....are you following me???? LoL

chrisbialek

Hey he was trying to snuggle in his long tenticle anemone :p! Thanks on the aquascaping its really taken a while to get it right I cant wait to get some acros now haha but i want it to get a little more established before that comes. thanks again any more comments are more than welcome!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Secret just consider me your very own stalker :p

Sorry to get off topic Chris, back to your tank :D

SecretAgent

That tank makes me wanna go rearrange mine now! LoL! Ive got to stop doing that....its not like furniture where one can just pick up and move it when bored. Besides, many of my pieces weigh 50 to 70 lbs....no kiddin....I just need bigger tanks.....=) LoL Eric!! (300g) =)~~~

chrisbialek

Theres a few new pieces in there if you couldnt tell by the cleanliness of them haha, once they establish a bit better it will hopefully look even better, all I can say is for the most part it's Haitian rock and man that stuff is amazing! It has character like you wouldn't believe the pathways the fish have in the rocks are just fantastic.

SecretAgent

Im amazed some of my pieces hasnt fell....I swear only thing holding them together are the corals growing on them....LoL! Really! I have some Tonga bridging over some pieces and the Hairy shrooms are literally holding those tongas in place.....then I have one structure that is standing up and palys are growing from one piece to another holding it somehow...Make them corals work for to earn their keep.....LoL

chrisbialek

LoL! thats a great way to put corals to work! For the most part my rocks are just together by good placement and stacking, I don't plan on using epoxy or zipties until I start doing my acro and more hard corals but as said that won't be until later on.

SecretAgent

This Bi color blenny is a trip....hes got so many holes to back into he dont know which one to occupy first. I turn off the PH for about two hours each day so everything wont be blowing helter skelter and the overflow and pull some of the finer stuff out without all the chaos going on.....this blenny instantly goes for a small PH I have behind the rock work and backs into it....he had better hope I dont forget his ratty azz is in there and turn those things back on with him in it....

Nice color fish against that rock work of yours, Chris......

chrisbialek

Wait i'm lost did you actually find my blenny in the pictures? I've yet to find him! Hahaha he LOVES hiding in obvious spots making me look for eyes peeking up over rocks then hiding as soon as our eyes meet haha. Hes quite they trip with a lot of personality.

chrisbialek

They've been together for quite a few months, the damsels stick to the frozen food and pellets while i try and distract the tangs with dried seaweed :p, for the most part the bigger blue damsel is fine he swims with everyone the yellow tail does tend to hide quite often.

chrisbialek

Heres pictures of my Sump and Refugium, and also a picture of the new powerhead setup! Hope you guys enjoy thanks again for the kind responses any help and advice is always appreciated.

electrical.jpg

tankflow.jpg

sump.jpg

sump1.jpg

sump5.jpg

sump3.jpg

sump4.jpg