The 200+ Club

snarf

300 gal acrylic tank here. About 380 gal total volume on that one. We are running well over 700 gallons of SW between all the tanks in the house.
Hard to get the whole tank in the picture but this is best I can do. Red algea is gone now and the xenia and kenya tree took over a 1/3 of the tank.
IMGP9422.jpg

This pic is older from when it was getting established...seems so long ago.
300fish1.jpg

Last edited:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I just realized after all many years of admiring this club and drooling over the tanks i can make my mark. :)

300L 120"x24"x24" in the building stage.

Snarf This a beautiful tank, love the before and after shots.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I am using an Euro Reef Rc 250, I just had the neck extened 16" so it stands 46" tall and I plan to add a bubble blaster along with the Eheim RC needle wheel pump, I'm also feeding the skimmer with a sedra 3500 needle wheel pump to add more bubbles.

This is an exsperiment more or less but it is what am using. :)

xspeedrj

210!....not sure of the exact gallons of my sump though.

My baby will always be my 46 gal bow....that's what guests see.

The 210 is in the basement for my mad Frankenstein pleasures!

varden

Perhaps they'd be more inclined to answer if you a) posted your question in its own thread instead of tacking it onto an existing thread and b) refrained from calling all the nice people you're trying to get information from a-holes. Courtesy 101. Just a thought.

MotoReef

Just upgraded from a 110 to a 240... Loving life!!!

5045894533_900ee1f716_b.jpg

After toiling for 6 months making sure parasites have been eradicated with fish in a 110g hospital, and corals and crustaceans kept separately, finally they have all met in to this beautiful 240 that I found locally for a mere $300. A nice guy just didn't have space anymore, and at the same time I was setting up a man-cave in the garage, looking for something epic.

Careful but safe move of a established 3 year old tank went very well. Expecting a whole chemical imbalance and some algae issues again with so much more new water and added sand, flow difference, etc... But I'll keep this one going.

Thanks everyone for the great website, advice, and contributions that all made for a great reference and read!

Happy Reefing!!

Mekanik

I have laughed out loud at quite a few comments - funny'
I recently took my 150 and traded for a 240 myself. It was a 8 hour plus project for 2-3 of us. I definitly need better/more lighting I just stacked everything important in the six foot area my old 6 foot lights covered.
I just can't afford to spend the money on the rest of the lighting right now.
I lost a lot of the coraline algae on this transfer and less light more tank situation. Hence my questions previously re: lighting. I saw some LED lights in Lowe's that are reasonable and may be a part time solution for now.
Tank and critters doing surprisingly well. Not much exotic here.
the short 200 plus list:

240 tank
5 power heads
Calcium Reactor - Precision Marine ( set up for 1 month now )
20 or so top off
35 or so refugium system
1 dead chiller - need to repair or take in for repair

MotoReef

Hence my questions previously re: lighting. I saw some LED lights in Lowe's that are reasonable and may be a part time solution for now.
Tank and critters doing surprisingly well.

If you went from a 150 to a 240 with same height, you can always get away by clumping all the animals that need the light in the same or similar arrangement in the same light, and leave the other parts of the tank dim. Theoretically the light hitting them is he same if the light distance, angles, and water column depths are the same as before. That's basically what I did so that the corals got the same lighting in the middle of the tank, while the fish gained swimming space in the corners where its a little darker. :)