The 2.5 is ALIVE!

reefersfun

I picked up one of Doni's clowns and couldn't see putting him in with the big boys. He's a healthy one inch beauty that I didn't want anything to happen to. What started as a quick fix turned into a boat load of fun. I had a mature nano that was in need of an overhaul. So with some new rock, existing sand and some water from my main display I threw together a neat new home for the coolest of clowns. 2.5 gallons of total volume and a 1.5gal main display, with a built in overflow and refuge. Leds for lighting.

HPIM6663.jpg

HPIM6614.jpg

HPIM6615.jpg

HPIM6648.jpg

HPIM6637.jpg

HPIM6576-1.jpg

HPIM6569-1.jpg

corrado007

That is a great looking nano and a beautiful fish. I love your rics by the way, they're my favorite. Really well done. Good beer too, reminds me of blueberries.

DaveK

... I threw together a neat new home for the coolest of clowns. 2.5 gallons of total volume and a 1.5gal main display, with a built in overflow and refuge. ...

First, I got to say that your tank is a real gem and shows what can be done in a small tank.

However, I would consider a system with 2.5 gal of water to be too small to keep a clownfish for any length of time. I think you'd do a lot better setting up a similar, but larger, tank, but in the 15 gal or larger range.

reefersfun

Thanks Dave, The clown is 3/4's to an inch. Its just a grow out, I'm afraid in my other tanks he'll find a powerhead or overflow. Not to mention it would be a challenge for him to get any food. I'm quite comfortable with him in this tank until he gets a little bigger. If you saw him I think you would agree. I have much larger homes ready for him down the road. He'll most likely find his way to the 40gal in a couple months. And some day the 180gal.

Reddog170

Way cool!!!! I LOVE that little tank. So full of life and shows all the care you give it. GREAT job!!! Shaun

CMG

Very Nice! Are those LED's a DIY project? I am curious as I would like to use LED's on my nano...

Wow this is awesome! I love the scaping and how the sand is overflowing on thr bottom of the rocks! Great job and very cool clownfish!