Calcium:
Hannah=490
Read Sea=420
Elos=400

Alk:
Hannah=7 DKH
Red Sea=8.4 DKH

All done at the same time all done twice :banghead:

What's your advice? What do you do..average them? Pic one brand of test kit and stick with it?

7 DKH is borderline start dosing on the other hand 8.4 is not bad:scratch:

How do you experianced reefers advise a newbee.

Feel like I wasted some money
76a6a4b0.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
OCD destroys reefers lol, just stick with Salifert and it will all be morning glories and fresh coffee haha

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh great. N ya pick one he doesn't have. Buy another buddy!

........sps smells familiar.

LOL! Only our Sas would do that!!

On the flip side I completely agree with him (just don't let him know it). Some kits are iffy, some are hard to administer correctly, and some are just plain hard to read. I say keep it simple and spend more time admiring your tank from afar :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
LOL! Only our Sas would do that!!

On the flip side I completely agree with him (just don't let him know it). Some kits are iffy, some are hard to administer correctly, and some are just plain hard to read. I say keep it simple and spend more time admiring your tank from afar :)

"Spock" I have not thoroughly enjoyed my time with humans, but Ya'll are ok

MJC

OK guys first I would like to say thank your to all for you suggestions and help.

I tested a fresh batch of my Red Sea Pro salt and low and behold my Red Sea test kits were dead balls on with what is on the salt bucket :bigbounce

This makes sense and good enough for me.

I will now only use Red Sea test kits and enjoy my reef :hug1:

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I like Salifert. I was confussed at first on how to read their test but after 2 weeks and a bunch of post I got it.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
OK guys first I would like to say thank your to all for you suggestions and help.

I tested a fresh batch of my Red Sea Pro salt and low and behold my Red Sea test kits were dead balls on with what is on the salt bucket :bigbounce

This makes sense and good enough for me.

I will now only use Red Sea test kits and enjoy my reef :hug1:

ever play the shell game, where's the pea lol, (paranoia time muhahahah)what if the red sea kits only reads what they want you to see when using their salt? (don't pay any attention to me Im anti red sea from years of abuse)

MJC

ever play the shell game, where's the pea lol, (paranoia time muhahahah)what if the red sea kits only reads what they want you to see when using their salt? (don't pay any attention to me Im anti red sea from years of abuse)

Then I'm good I'm using their salt ;)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Off note. Great use of the term "dead balls"

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.