Terry's 450g upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathywithbirds

Thanks Patti!!!

So this whole black thing... matte or satin or what? I think I like the blue backgrounds on tanks though. I have a poster of the ocean and a bit of an island as teh background on my tank and I like it... can't see much except striated blue through the rock though. Think it could work with blue on the wall behind the tank? hmmm maybe I could go blue in the tank room altogether...

pbittner

hey Kathy - blue would work too - just maybe a darker shade of blue - I don't think you want to draw attention away from the tank. We used a flat black - due to the TV projector - the reflection would bounce off of everything and we didn't want that to happen. If I were going to paint the tank room I would more than likely use a egg shell or satin finish easier to wipe down and clean but I would go with the black. Just think about it...hmmm. could be really neat!!

blue_eyes53813

Blue-eyes - don't let black scare you - we have an entire two rooms which are totally black - including ceilings!! It is for the theater and pool/ping-pong table rooms really all one big room. I was a little nervous when we started it - then I hurt my back and poor Terry had to finish it all by himself. It turned out GREAT - nothing to fear at all! If I thought it wouldn't be "overkill" I would consider painting the "tank room" black as well - I can imagine sitting back with very low lights - watching the beautiful fishes live their peaceful lives - so relaxing....hmmmmmm....oh honey - re-think on the wall color!!! LOL

Kathy - good luck - I wish I had words of wisdom or thoughts that could help you! Well maybe I do but I had better PM you those secrets~~~ LOL! Mike sounds like a great guy - who btw should get a dog - they are great security monitors (unless it is Goldie - who runs & hides at the slightest noise sound or feather falling)!

Hmmmm Black ( scratching head and thinking) I may try it you never know. :thumbup: I will try to find that thread with the black walls...It was cool

BarbMazz

Blue-eyes - don't let black scare you - we have an entire two rooms which are totally black - including ceilings!! It is for the theater and pool/ping-pong table rooms really all one big room. I was a little nervous when we started it - then I hurt my back and poor Terry had to finish it all by himself. It turned out GREAT - nothing to fear at all! If I thought it wouldn't be "overkill" I would consider painting the "tank room" black as well - I can imagine sitting back with very low lights - watching the beautiful fishes live their peaceful lives - so relaxing....hmmmmmm....oh honey - re-think on the wall color!!! LOL

Kathy - good luck - I wish I had words of wisdom or thoughts that could help you! Well maybe I do but I had better PM you those secrets~~~ LOL! Mike sounds like a great guy - who btw should get a dog - they are great security monitors (unless it is Goldie - who runs & hides at the slightest noise sound or feather falling)!

Hi, Patti... WELCOME! Your theatre/game room sounds great! We are in the process of finishing our basement. Once the bedrooms/bath area is done we'll be proceeding to a kitchenette/bar and theatre area. I never would have considered black! Would you mind posting some pictures of your Black Room? We will have a nice, long wall for a tank in that area, too. I would love to see what you've done with yours!

Your house sounds like tons of fun! What a wonderful learning environment you have for your children.

pbittner

Hi Barb - Thanks for the compliments - we love the theater room it is a giant TV and it's great especially if you like watching sports - it feels like you are right there at the game! If you check out some of Terry's pics on page 1 of this thread it shows some pics into that room - it will try and get some more pics later today - but being black it is very hard to judge the size of the room etc. I am not sure why that is - but everything seems to blend into the walls in that room. I can't wait to get this "mess" cleaned up and move the Wii game system down there - then we all can play tennis w/o hurting the TV or each other!! lol

Scott I am sorry your wife can't make it - we will definately have to do this again when she can come with you!! Prob. just as well tho - I think Terry has your work cut out for you on Sat. LOL just kidding!!

tbittner

Here is the base of the stand:
dcc04d76.jpg

Here is the stand, all put back together:
f750e2c0.jpg

vdituri

Glad to see you found all the pieces to put it back together again.
You are in middle one great adventure there I tell you what. :apimp:

Anselth

Sounds like a good plan Terry. I had to do a little of that myself, and I only did a 110 and 70.

pbittner

Yeah - lay on the couch and relax......sure sure - that's what he thinks!!! LOL
I seem to recall some idea about paint color and changing the walls???

JK dear please take today off and rest!!

Jason25

Sleep and rest are highly over rated Terry but a 450gal. Reef Tank now that's something altogether different,lol.

tbittner

Actually, I'm feeling better and more refreshed now. Sounds like my wife wants to head to Lowes and buy some paint and start painting! WOO HOO!!!

With our new, large doorway into the theater room, I bet I'll be able to, from the couch, watch my beautiful wife painting the aquarium room. :D

pbittner

Yeah - that's my DH! Dreaming again - thinks he can just sit back and watch!

You'd think he'd be comping at the bit to get the basic stuff all done so he can get the tank set and started up????

I do think a trip to Lowe's for a new paint color is in order for this evening - tho - now I just need to decide on what color that's going to be!?!?!?!?

Any suggestions from anyone out there????

Status
Not open for further replies.