Tentacles coming out of the rock!

OK, I noticed these things today, they stretch out and kinda curl up when on their way back into the rock... theyre very very freaky and disgustting... could any please shed some light?
they're really small, the whole rock in the picture is abotu the size of a tennis ball, so these things are just like a really really thick hair... about the thickness of those annoyingplastic things that hold tags on to new clothes...

Attachments

• tentacles.jpg
    tentacles.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 125

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's possibly the feeding tentacles of a "Sea cucumber" that's no longer mobile. I think Lynn (lcstorc) has identified one in her tank that she's been wondering about for a LONG time now.

greene394

Very hard to tell with these pics. Try and get new ones and lets see what it might be. IMO, witch is not much, its a type of brittle starfish. Better pics would def help us determine what it is.

vdituri

I vote micro alien. Yep. Aliens.

O.k., it could be a small worm of some kind.
Most likely harmless.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I once had this piece of rock from Florida, maybe 15-20 years ago when you could still collect down there. When the lights went out, out of every hole a single tentacle uncurled, 4" long or so. Maybe 20 of them in total. A colony of something, don't know what it was and not sure it is described.

Nature is weird and wonderful at the same time

I figure it's a worm of sorts then.. it keeps reaching out ins earch of food, because the rock is tipped up; I will fix it when I get home...

so long as it is not this nasty predator... worms are creepy to me, but I dion't mind them..

thanks for all the help!