Tearing - new Fiji leather- wth?

I got a new Fiji leather (yellow)
It was on a rock and shaped literally around the rock..limp..and deflated.. Quite large for something I thought was going to be around 3-4 inches..

More like 7 inches

Some of the edges are a dark brown. Most edges are fine...

But it's shaped funny and began to inflate just a little- some edges are turning upward...a tad with some type of polps beginning to just show ever so slightly more like nubs...

Then walked passed the tank and the hanging smaller part- think of a figure 8 with lower part of the figure 8 being half the size...has begin to tear/ rip away. What the heck do I do???????

I can't post any photos as my main computer is down.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Without pictures its hard to comment but could it be reproduction via division i.e. mitotic cell division?

I think thats the correct term. It is officially my big word of the month

Big words...I was so hoping that is what it is..but where it tore at and ripped even more btw.... The start is where it was brown. I started reading up..researching all over the web..fear is the brown edge areas are necrosis. I read some people saying in post to cut the brown edges off. Then you read ...they can't be fragged like other toadstools so their so sensitive.

Hoping someone has dealt with these issues in a yellow Fiji toadstool. Iam confused what to do. The section that tore is kind of hanging and I don't know if I should cut it off....to remove it off. I only have to cut straight across about another inch and a half,

But then what is completely removed is about a 2 and half inch section. I don't know if this is safe to do or not. I sent an email to the seller. Hoping they tell me what to do or not do. I ordered this online and hoping that they are familiar with this type of thing with shipped Fiji leathers.

Errrrrree

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Ahh yeah, the yellow fiji is a hard one. If an area gets dark brown to black cut it away down into good flesh. Where it's ripped I would just finish the job and set the loose piece on some rubble, if it starts turning brown to black chuck it otherwise it will attach itself to the rubble. These are much more difficult toadies to take care of when they get damaged. I hope it does better for you but any areas you get that turn that brown to black color need to be cut away otherwise it will just keep going and you'll lose the whole thing.

Thanks JJ..I emailed a photo of it to you. I can't upload it on here. Because Iam on my iPad and my main computer is down. Maybe you could add the photo here and teach me what to do???? Ayayayay...you knew how much I was looking for a big toadstool. Finally get one and nothing but issues...bummer
Thanks if you can

I sent it to you another way....can you show me where to cut the pieces? In the water..I assume out of the water..then what dip it?