Tank turned 49 this year

Paul B

Today I went to a large LFS and they have a huge selection of corals and they are cheap so I picked up some pipe organ. I also got a yellow clown gobi to keep my older one company. As soon as I put her in the tank, the older one swam right over and did his spawning dance which looks similar to the Macarana. I love these little clown gobies and always have a few in my reef. I now have a couple of yellows and a black guy.
Their only problem is they only live a few years and they need tiny food. That is no problem in my tank because I hatch baby brine shrimp every day and they also eat the smaller blackworms. The best part about these little guys is that they are about $5.00 and are bright yellow. They stay in the front in a piece of acropora but I don't know how they avoid predators in the sea being a real Sissy looking tiny fish.
They come in yellow, green and black but the black ones are larger and hide a lot.
July10th003.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

cleantank002.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
And a black guy. That's funny stuff dude. Congrats on the new additions.

..........rarely am I speechless

engineer goby

Paul your tank is always a pleasure to look at. Keep up with the updates I would love to one day sit there with you drinking a beer and just space out

Paul B

I would love to one day sit there with you drinking a beer and just space out

You are invited on my boat then, I have a well stocked bar, beer also. :D

I think the yellow, green and black clown gobies are a different species as they all have different habits, the yellow ones don't hide much but the black ones are larger and stay hidden, the green ones are the lazziest and just do what he is doing in that picture, chilling out and waiting for food to come to him. :willis:

Blue Space

I like the yellow and green coral gobies. I think the green ones always have an Eeyore expression on their face. Cute little buggers.

Paul B

I took some pictures. I also made a mistake and added a little too many fish, I sometimes just can't help myself but the fish will get over it. I wanted a school of cardinals and I already had two, so I bought two more, then three more, then I needed one more, so I have 8 of them. Real cool fish and they school. There is actually two different kinds, when I get time I will make a video of the school. They float around facing the current and grab baby brine shrimp all day, my feeder allows some shrimp to get loose all day so they love it.
IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

dmatt88

I really dig where u have that monti growing.

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
eeekkk lol

Sorry Paul offer him my apologies - he is a beautiful Forcipiger flavissimus and have your Chelmon rostratus remind him that he Loves me ! ;)

Paul B

I really dig where u have that monti growing.
Thanks but I didn't put it there. That was a tiny piece that fell behind the rocks and it just grew there. A larger part of it died under that rock because the frogspawn kept outgrowing it.

Paul B

Today I added a bunch of new LEDs to my algae trough, one string of LEDs croaked.
It is much brighter now but the problem is that I clean the thing so infrequently that those hard tube worms grow all through it and it is hard to remove the screen. When I removed the screen I had to break many of them and I have amphipods and brittle stars al over my workbench. I caught as many as I could and threw them back home.
Soon I will install my new revolving algae grower.

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg