tank questions

asphalt guy

ok so i have this 75 gallon with about 150 pounds of fiji live rock and 100 pounds crushed coral sand bed about 2" thick i have one clown, 5 blue leg hermit crabs 0 snails can't seem to keep them alive. i got burned out on it and was about to quit so i quit doing water changes just topped it off and did some cleaning nothing to major then started noticeing these whte bug looking things all over the rocks and some little polop looking groups on the rocks so i decided to add a starfish and want to get back into it since it has just sat there basicaly untended to for about 7 months can i mabey get some pointers i really want to make a cool reef tank for the wife and kid

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Following some solid sw principles & good maintenance, no reason you should not have sucess having a cool reef tank for the wife and kid
745.gif

Strange you can't keep the snails alive...

Are you testing for ammonia, nitrites & nitrates? Are you running a skimmer?

Can you post a pic?

The white bugs are probably copepods, they are good.

asphalt guy

i will try to get apic up asap i test every now and then when i have time been kinda busy trying to finish our last asphalt jobs of the year and keep for getting yeah i run a skimmer but it hasn't collected hardley anything in over amonth but water quality seem s to be good anyway i only have one clown fish in there and just recently added a sand sifting starfish