Tank progression start to finish (hopefully)

jaws789832

This is where (when I can) I will post photos. Like I said in Meet and greet, 28 gallon Nano cube intermediate. Just added my live rock today and my ammonia is through the roof. I know I cant turn on my day lights but does anyone know for sure if its ok to turn on the moon lights at night? they are just 4 led blue lights on this tank

jaws789832

9EEB0327-1588-4E70-91A6-4FF989F5BC73_zpsm2lgz0fp.jpg

let me know if that worked. Keep in mind the tank isn't aquascaped I just put the LR in there to start the cycle.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just grab and paste the IMG code from under the pic in Photobucket.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You're doing good, no apologies needed on this site. Looking forward to watching your tank progression.

jaws789832

I actually started a tank thread in the correct location, in the reef chronicals forum. Think its called Jaw's tank thread or something like that. I will post more this evening and give a detailed account but things seem to be going good. Have 2 tomato clowns, and about 8 different corals now (three of which were actually hitchhikers but I left them in there to see what happened). After getting home from work this morning it looks like I might be at the start of an algae problem, which I will say its probably from me overfeeding and lack of experience. All the corals look happy but who am I to say LOL. The fish don't really do anything though. They just hang out n a corner looking straight down most of the time which is causing me to probably overfeed to try and lure them out. They do come out to eat but then go straight back to their corner. Its like they think they are on time out all the time LOL. Oh well Like I said I will send more pictures and give more details in the other thread later today. Its water change day and I want to do a little algae scrubbing to see if I can keep it in check.