Tank Leak!!!!

plasterman

Glad you recoverd from your leak , I had the same problem the seam split on the back of the tank at 11.30pm spent 2 or three hrs saveing everything,my daughter was a great help. Wife wasnt to plased so moved the location of the new tank ,she,s geting a new carpet, tank looks great .Hope everything comes out great for you:thumbup:

batfishluvr

plasterman said:
I had the same problem the seam split on the back of the tank at 11.30pm spent 2 or three hrs saveing everything,my daughter was a great help.

It's great that you had help to clen up the mess. My daughter wanted to help too but since she is only 6 there wasn't much she could do.

Tank cleanups are a pain. Especailly with the saltwater.

When my husband talked to AGA they told him they had never had this problem. The more we talk to people the more we hear it is not uncommon. My concern is what makes it suddenly split? Does anyone know? My fear is that it will happen again.

Update: The new tank is in. We will be picking it up tomorrow. I will keep you posted and will post pictures.

Jen

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think it was faulty silicone. But it could have also been the tank sat for to long without water and the seal dried up. When you get the new one feel the seal with your finger. make sure its rubbery and the edge dosen't roll up with pressure. If it dose then its not bonded very well. After seeing this thread and building my 120, i went over the seals like a mad man trying to see if i could find anything wrong with my work. All seems well and on sunday im going to fill it and do the leak test. But anyhow thats what i found i was looking for, rolling edges and flexability.
Good luck with the new tank! I hope all is well this time.

Yarr

Very best of luck with your new tank and hopefully no problems arise. I am glad that you have stuck with it and just remmber that it is all worth it in the end. that is what i keep telling myself anyways :)

fishhead

I think they (AGA) should drive out and clean it all up for you, give you all new equipment and apologize for any inconvinience you may have incured as a result of their mistake in QC. Sound good?
Greg

billyr98

I am sure AGA would never come out and do something like that...

But I just got back from Batfishluvr's house and the stand came in wrong, so no fish tank going back in today :(

This STINKS!

batfishluvr

Yes, the stand has to go back and a new one has to be ordered. The store we ordered it from said they usually get this kind of orders in on Friday. One more week to wait. My huscand is NOT happy. He is going to call AGA on Monday see what they say. We did try to see if any of the other local stores had one. But we had no luck. What a mess!!!

Gina

RS STAFF
What a mess, agree!
Keep us posted on what they say. Hope it gets worked out soon!

batfishluvr

:waa: UPDATE :waa:

Sad news. Besides loosing more livestock my husband went yesterday to pick up the new stand. It was the correct stand BUT it was DAMAGED!!!! He is so frustrated. He going to call AGA to see if it is ok to ship two stands this time just incase. I will keep you posted.

Witfull

now its time to send them a bill due to damaged stand and live stock loss due to it,,,be vocal!

batfishluvr

I haven't met Witfull but I can tell he is the vocal kind.

Mike has been sending AGA receipts so hopefully we will get something for our losses. A new stand should be coming tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that it icomes and that it is right this time.

billyr98

I guess he had no luck making the stand work.. this stinks... I would hope the LFS would step up to the plate and help out here.. mike is doing a lot but a store could do more for you also!!!!

batfishluvr

:dance: UPDATE :dance:

I am happy to tell everyone that on Friday we finally got the correct stand and it is not broken!!!! We did some of the plumbing last night. Now we are on our way to having a beautiful tank again. I will post pictures once the tank is finished, and let everyone know if AGA helped with the items we lost.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
batfishluvr said:
:dance: UPDATE :dance:

I am happy to tell everyone that on Friday we finally got the correct stand and it is not broken!!!! We did some of the plumbing last night. Now we are on our way to having a beautiful tank again. I will post pictures once the tank is finished, and let everyone know if AGA helped with the items we lost.

Great news, can't wait to see the pics !