Talon's 125 gallon Reef (The Rebirth)

Talon33

I have been meaning to start a thread of my tank where I just post some updates and give details of my tank. I already have it up and running and it has been running for a year but so I can really document the build process. However, I will be adding corals to my tank so upgrades will be needed and those will be documented on here. For now my tank is a FOWLR with reef safe fish, or mostly reef safe with exception of my flame angel.
Tank Specs:
125 gallon DT
30 gallon sump
I am only running 30 watts of light now at 8000k. If I cant have coral yet no need to let algae grow.
Skimmer is also offline as I am upgrading a reef octopus unit so right now just doing 20% water changes once a week.
roughly 100-110 lbs of rock.
Stocking List
3 blue/green chromis
2 mocha clowns
1 yellow tang
1 Powder blue tang
1 yellow kole eye tang
1 royal gramma
1 flame angel
1 engineer goby
1 green mandarin
2 skunk cleaners
and a dozen or so hermits
Also I do not want to hear any tang police, all my tangs are about 2 1/2 to 3 inches and I am trying to sell my kole tang, I have no intentions of keeping 3 tangs.
I will add some pictures and I have a few clips of my tank and one of my mandarin eating frozen mysis

Talon33

My tank before anything is added, picked it up for 350 off craigslist, drilled on both sides

tank_zps7dc7f336.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Talon33

sump running on previous system after it was first built, looks different now as I have put in fuge and filter sock holder, runs with a mag 12 pump

sump_zpseb366419.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Talon33

all of these are snapped from an iphone, I will pull the camera out eventually but I cant figure out how to make the pictures look decent

Talon33

well that's supposed to be a video of my mandarin but I don't know how to upload a video from photobucket

Talon33

[video]<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid438.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fqq107%2Fshaneexx%2FIMG_1804.mp4">[/video]

Talon33

thanks nano! once again not great quality but my mandarin will eat frozen and if you watch closely you can seem her pick a shrimp right from the water column, I don't see that to much but she goes to fuge every now and then to clean out some of the munnid isopods all in the fuge and its good frozen food practice, I don't leave her down there long, maybe about a week at most

Talon33

Update on progress I picked up most of the remaining equipment I needed to turn this into a reef system.