Taking apart tank

Paul B

My tank has just gotten too old so I hired some people to take it apart.

What!

A-tank-is-dismantled-in-B-006.jpg

Paul B

I actually remember that year and that National Geographic, but I was in the army then. My reef started in 1971 when I got back from Nam.

Paul B

I worked in a gas station in 1966, gas was 27 cents a gallon. The problem was that I rarely had the 27 cents and I almost never put more than $2.00 worth of gas in my car ,and I had a Pontiac Bonneville that was as big as a city bus and used about as much gas.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My uncle owned a Lion station and I pumped gas there as a kid, it was "full service" back then for 27 cents a gallon we would clean every window on your car, check and fill up your radiator & battery - check your oil & transmission fluid (if you had an automatic), check all four tires and air them up - then give you Gold Bond trading Stamps for buying the gas that you could trade for personal items, housewares, furniture and appliances.

il_170x135.284085334.jpg

350px-Gold_bond_stamps.jpg

Last edited:

Paul B

Thats cool, I never heard of Lion Gas. Gazelle Gas, humming bird Gas, Duck Billed Paltypus Gas, intestional Gas maybe , but not Lion Gas. :dryer:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:)

Lion Oil service stations became a common feature along roadsides in the South, there were nearly 2,000 Lion service stations at their peak.

ms80_lion.jpg