Swc extreme 120

carmexx

I have a question...I have been running the SWC x-treme 120 for a while now. The skimmate is fair. Part of the reason is i have to continually adjust it because my sump does not have any baffles.

I am more curious about the needle wheel. I am running the mesh/needle wheel hybrid that is installed in it. It also came with a needle wheel. I dont know if the needle wheel will produce better bubbles. Does anyone have experience with this skimmer?

Alien2100

The Mesh Hybrid should produce the best bubbles. You mention not having any baffles in the sump. What depth are you running the skimmer in and is it constant?

Goober35

You need to shut your sump down for 12/24 or find another tank that is the same size as your sump and put some baffles in there. At the very least you need 1 baffle but 2 or even 3 would be the best. This will stop the annoying hassle of messing with the skimmer every day and you will be able to tune it in.

carmexx

Yeah, My plan is to buy another 10 gal. tank and install baffles. I usually top off every day manually to a mark on my sump to keep it near tuned. It is a pain though.

carmexx

Well I finally came to face the facts that I needed a sump with baffles. Thank you all for pointing out all the manual labor i was putting myself through in constantly tuning my skimmer.

IMG_0556.jpg

Goober35

Looks great. Let it sit over night to let the silicon dry and you are in business. You might have to raise your skimmer up so it sits in the proper depth of water.