Superman Montipora

Mitchell

Hi folks. Is there different varieties? Mine is a deep blue with brownish polyps but all the other supermans I've seen are a bright blue with red polyps. That's what I want. I had hoped mine would color up under my Radion but it hasnt.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Red on Blue are what I've always seen labeled as Superman Monti.

I'd be shocked if brown will change to blue but it's possible... I think :)

Mitchell

No no I don't want the brown to change to blue. The encrusting is deep blue and the polyps are brown. I was hoping the polyps would color up. I'll post some pics when I can.

PIMPALA

it *might* color up. but corals react so differently under lighting changes, even water chemistry changes, theres no telling.

only superman monti I have is a reverse superman. red with blue polyps.

brandon

There are different degrees of super man montis. I've seen blue with orange polyps which I have. The fish store said it was wild caught but mine is bleached and I cant get it to color up under my leds. I've seen blue with the red polyps which is a truer superman monti. And I've also seen yours with blue and a dark brown orangish polyps.

catran

I'm pretty sure the different degrees can be attributed to the lighting. My LFS sold me a large frag and it had the base color blue, bur just like SPS does, it browned out under my RSM 130 lights. I know that he used 400w MH lights, but up higher. Even when I put it under my 250w, it didn't color up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tru2nr

i've heard that certain wild caught monti's and acans are notorious for losing color under LED's....i have witnessed the change on a Rainbow Acan that i bought off someone for $20 that morphed from rainbow to a bluish green with a yellowish green center and now under my halides it is begining to morph back to what its supposed to look like not sure if the superman monti is the same thing...he has the same issue with his rainbow monti that i now have a frag of in my tank thats just starting to get adjusted to my tank