Sunday's the big day - upgrading tank!

lgerold

Sunday is the big day! We'll be upgrading our 125 to a 210. I feel like an expectant mom! Excited for the big day, apprehensive too.

I'd love any suggestions from others that have been through this. I think I have all my bases covered, but I'd love any insight you can give!:jumprope:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lucy, do you mean your setting up a 210 to go with the 125? lol. Please tell us your going to record this! Totally exicited for you!! Steve

lgerold

My wonderful hubby would probably throw me out if I even mentioned the thought of keeping both the 125 and 210! For now, I'm very happy that he's gone along with me this far.

A new friend who's been reefing for years is coming to help (or am I going to help him?) I don't think I would dare this without him.

As long as all goes well, and we have enough hands and time and patience, I will take photos as we go. I need to take a photo of the 125 before we tear into it... I wish it was easier to take a reasonable picture of a 6 foot 125.

I have been checking days off for the last several weeks, counting the days down to Sunday. My biggest relief will come when I no longer have to purge the dratted overflow wall of bubbles every night. This is a flood just waiting to happen! I've already purged that bubble wall tonight - only two more nights to go! I am so happy that the 210 has two built in overflows.

Anyone want to trade some corals for a 125 tank and stand?:whstlr:

BrothaWolf

:lurk: Im watching along. Please document this as I will be going thru the same shortly but on a much lesser scale. New tank will be here tomorrow but I will definetly let you go first!

lgerold

Hey! Why don't your return your tank and get my 125!

Nice idea Steve! Sigh. I don't think it will work. Maybe if I tell him to choose between another reef, or a SNAKE! That might work! Big strong hubby is baby scared of snakes. Hee Hee!

bluespotjawfish

:LOL:

Good luck with the conversion! You might want to add a batch of towels and a mop to the list! Sooo exciting! It is a lot funner to go to the fish store and say I want one of these, and one of those when you get home and have a place for everything. Better call the credit card company though and let them know there will be some strange charges on your account. My CC company actually called me about my recent purchases. Ha, ha!

PS - I heard Boozeman is in need of a tank...

lgerold

Left after work last night to head to Minneapolis to pick up a new sump/fuge for the new set-up, and 150 pounds of live branch rock. Got home and purged that overflow wall tube ONE LAST FREAKING TIME! I have had nightmares of massive flooding.

The new sump/fuge has three compartments, one for water flowing in, through media bags, sponge (likely won't use), and to the sump area. Then, I'll pass some of the water into the refugium side, which then passes back into the sump. I'll draw it out on paper. It's a pretty slick system.

I plan to take lots of photos tomorrow...

'Nite!

lcstorc

Best of luck on the changeover. I so want a 200+ tank but it's not gonna happen for a while. Wish you were closer we could talk about the 125 and I could have dueling tanks w/my husband. lol
keep us posted and take lots of picsl This is bound to be a very exciting in your reefing life.
Lots of buckets, lots of towels and of course lots of water and you should be good to go.

lgerold

Thanks Lynn for the Karma hit, and everyone for thier good wishes. Just taking a few moments to relax before Chad arrives to start this thing off.

Kids are running "Cars" on the boob toob. Great movie! I might have to put "Nemo" in when Cars is over!

:bigbounce

lgerold

Thanks Lynn for the Karma hit, and everyone for their (sheesh! ever look at a word you spell hundreds of times and wonder how to spell it?) good wishes. Just taking a few moments to relax before Chad arrives to start this thing off.

Kids are running "Cars" on the boob toob. Great movie! I might have to put "Nemo" in when this is over!