sump/refugium

morrowss

Would this design work?
sump2f.jpg

yes it would, but wheres your brown blobs and green squigglies getting water from? Dual overflow/drilled?

you dont really need the bubble baffles on the fuge side, only your skimmer side.
youd just need one baffle for fuge.

I would T off the return to feed the fuge, clean water in the fuge is best

morrowss

yes its dual overflow, the reason i was thinking about something like this is because i wanted the fuge deeper.The skimmer needs to run in 10" of water and i cant raise it since its under the stand and 24" tall. Yeah i realized after i did the drawing that i didnt want the baffles like that but i didnt feel like redoing it.Triple baffle on the skimmer side.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's a LOT like I have my set-up.

I would T off the return to feed the fuge, clean water in the fuge is best

With all due respect I have mixed feelings there. In my thoughts the fuge needs the "Dirty" water because you are indeed trying to grow Macro. It's sort of counter-productive to skim/filter the water and THEN send it to the Macro/Fuge. That's just my thought process and it's been wrong before but this set-up has served me well for 3 years now so it's not terribly flawed.

morrowss

Well that was kinda my thought on that too since its using up whats in the water to grow. I'm kinda limited with the room i have so this setup was the only thing i could think of i just didnt know if it would work ok. I'm setting up a 210 and looks like the sump will be a 65 gal.
That's a LOT like I have my set-up.

With all due respect I have mixed feelings there. In my thoughts the fuge needs the "Dirty" water because you are indeed trying to grow Macro. It's sort of counter-productive to skim/filter the water and THEN send it to the Macro/Fuge. That's just my thought process and it's been wrong before but this set-up has served me well for 3 years now so it's not terribly flawed.