Sully's 130

mtsully71

So, I go back upstairs and walk into the bedroom. I hear tap, tap, tap on the glass and here is mister no show awating his glamour shot :eek:verhere:, so I obliged him.

2013-02-18_17-21-04_834_zpse09aeb85.jpg

2013-02-18_17-21-02_247_zps0ca2dd7e.jpg

2013-02-18_17-20-39_80_zps515d4766.jpg

Then he flipped the bird at me and both he and the gobie went back to whatever they do in the hole :ponder2:

mtsully71

Some of the recent corals off the top of my hard are superman, a few new acans, pink chalice, birdsnest, orange and purple monti, green dig, bright red zoa's (they are tiny), war coral, blue ridge coral ,clove polyps, lime green leather. Thats what I can think of at the moment.

thanks for looking

Sully

mtsully71

Joe the zebra striped goby with the pistol shrimp is a Yellow nose goby Yellow Rose Goby, Striped Goby - Stonogobiops nematodes

The Catalina goby is doing just fine, eats well hangs in the middle of the tank near the leather most the day

And I dont know what the hell the post above is about, but Ima thinking :spam:. My first pics I have posted in a while and I get a fan in Vietnam....Glenn can you delete that post from phuongnvnv90, thanks

mtsully71

update for all you peeps:

water change night, PH 8.0-8.2, PO 0-.25, NO 0, KH 9-10, CA 460-480, salinty around 1.025 temp 76-78, Mg 1380 ( I do not dose anything or add supplements).

I am enjoying my goby and pistol shrimp pair (they were not bought that way), when i shut down everything for feeding the shrimp likes to come to the edge of the hole now.

I do have 2 questions, since I know everything already :D. The API test kit for PH is so so, its really to vague....What do you guys and gals recommend for a PH test kit?

My last question is for PO..... The API shows less than .25, I realize the best result is always 0. Is that reading of less then .25 (closer to 0, according to the color chart) acceptible for SPS, im not worried about the LPS or softies? If you think I should get a better test kit please tell me. I just am not sure. I NEED SOME RESPONSES!

Also I decided on getting a refractometer, to get a better idea on my salinity. I think I have graduated up from the Hydrometer :)

All my corals are wee ones, time to watch the garden grow. There are 2 LFS two hours opposite directions that sell coral im going to check out...If I see something I just have to have...Ill post a pic. The one coral I really would like to get now is an open brain, so i will wait to get a nice one. I will prob only ad 1-2 more SPS and 5-6 Blasto/acan/zoa. Just have to see the right one.

Tanks doing great IMO

Thanks for taking the time to look and give a response

Sully

JoeCanada11

Nice. I'm going coral shopping on Sunday and also getting my first fish this weekend. Very exciting. Reefing is awesome.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
There are better test kits for sure... I use API, they work for me, Elos, Salifret are very very good and LaMotte test kits are excellent, but are very expensive.

Here a good read... Reef Aquarium Water Parameters by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

If you PH is between 7.8-8.5 I would not worry about it... depending on the time of day you test it will vary a bit, like lights just on or end of the day & even the fresh air in your home can vary it a bit.

mtsully71

Buenos Noches my fellow reefers:

water change night, PH 8.0-8.2, PO 0-.25, NO 0, KH 8-9, CA 440-460, salinty around 1.025 temp 74-76, Mg 1480...I think I will be getting a new PO test kit, less than .25 is driving me crazy.

For those who have not read my thread, like 3 min....2-3 hours of cleaning, with some Avenge Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, ABBA (YES ABBA noobs) plus some Crown will make your night :bouncer:

I have new corals coming next wednesday from My reef to Yours....Jared gets some unique stuff I have found occasionally........... and if ya work him he treats ya good ;)

I have a added a few new things, I am not crazy about the epoxy putty, but superglue gel :thumbup:

NEW PICKS!!!!

2013-02-28_18-34-39_394_zps1c23256a.jpg

2013-02-28_18-26-31_215_zps840558c3.jpg

2013-02-28_18-26-05_382_zps1486281d.jpg

2013-02-28_18-25-25_695_zps3c880f4c.jpg

2013-02-28_18-25-09_834_zps41448417.jpg

2013-02-28_18-24-05_76_zps94848420.jpg

2013-02-28_18-23-47_681_zpsacd51f47.jpg

2013-02-28_18-22-56_536_zpsf094d2cc.jpg

Thanks for looking, OH YA! getting the wifes phone figured out :rougiem:

Sully

mtsully71

Im guessing peeps cant see the above post either as Diana said she could not see my pets I posted, Yes I am a CPU noob :).......OH YA, cant figure out photobucket though LOL.... But I gotter now

2013-02-28_18-34-39_394_zpsd59409a6.jpg

2013-02-28_18-26-31_215_zpsc9074607.jpg

2013-02-28_18-26-05_382_zpsf3247488.jpg

2013-02-28_18-25-25_695_zpsf8e86600.jpg

2013-02-28_18-25-09_834_zpsd6791ddd.jpg

2013-02-28_18-24-05_76_zps863f9dd3.jpg

2013-02-28_18-23-47_681_zpsa8acbf6b.jpg

2013-02-28_18-23-16_314_zps08ae19b3.jpg

2013-02-28_18-22-56_536_zpsab4722fa.jpg

TADA

Better Diana? I figured out what I did wrong...........DONT DELETE THE PHOTOS ! :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
YAY Sully! I can see those but you need to re-upload the ones I didn't get to see :)
I'm afraid to try to organize my photobucket because I'm afraid it will take the pictures off of my thread. I think a person probably needs to organize the photobucket albums BEFORE using them on threads here. I'm not very organized, I have like 3,000 pictures (not an over estimate either :( ) on my iPhone & duplicates on my iPad. It's a mess :LOL:

Spirofucci

Nice RSM Sully! I like you choice of fish, you don't see most of thjose guys in a nano. How's the Catalina goby doing??

LOL, my wife's phone is also my camera! :(

mtsully71

Thanks for the compliment Spiro, I spent a fair amount of time trying to mix some unique fish for a nano. The Catalina goby is doing awesome, eats well and just hangs out in the middle of the tank. Konyak got me turned o to the Barnacle Blenny after his photos...So that very well will be my last fish....I might even get two, they have that cute cause i am small, but they got the ugly. I love the gobies. I have had lots of bigger fish, but I think smaller gobies and blennies have all the personality.

Thanks for lookig everyone

Sully

mtsully71

Afternoon reefers

Getting some new corals tomorrow Red Montastrea, Blasto Merletti, Fire & Ice Zoas, Meteor Shower Cyphastrea, Eagle Eye Zoas, Pink Zoa, a undefined blue zoa, an undefined orange zoa, Whammin Watermelon Zoa, gold/orange Leptastrea, and a purple bonsai.

Also got put on a wait list to get my last two fish:

Barnacle blenny (thanks Konyak)

Flaming Prawn Goby.....little leery because of the cost associated, but WOW what a beautiful fish...might even get a pistol to go with him :)

Ill try to get some pics up by the weekend

Sully

Spirofucci

Thanks for the compliment Spiro, I spent a fair amount of time trying to mix some unique fish for a nano. The Catalina goby is doing awesome, eats well and just hangs out in the middle of the tank. Konyak got me turned o to the Barnacle Blenny after his photos...So that very well will be my last fish....I might even get two, they have that cute cause i am small, but they got the ugly. I love the gobies. I have had lots of bigger fish, but I think smaller gobies and blennies have all the personality.

Thanks for lookig everyone

Sully

Great news on the Catalina goby. Glad there are not a Catalina goby police on here! :)

I just got a Blue Spotted Jawfish and they were always thought to be a cooler water fish and would not do well in our reef tanks. But after reading the whole BSJ thread, this water temp thing turned out to be a myth. Maybe so for your goby. :)

Also, congrats on all the new corals!

mtsully71

Great news on the Catalina goby. Glad there are not a Catalina goby police on here! :)

I just got a Blue Spotted Jawfish and they were always thought to be a cooler water fish and would not do well in our reef tanks. But after reading the whole BSJ thread, this water temp thing turned out to be a myth. Maybe so for your goby. :)

Also, congrats on all the new corals!

Well Spiro, you sent the evil genie my way. The Catalina bought the farm last night sometime. No warning anything was wrong, he ate fine, was active. Woke up this morning and the CUC was enjoying breakfast....Oh well win some lose some.

Very likley it was due to tank temp.

Sully

Spirofucci

Well Spiro, you sent the evil genie my way. The Catalina bought the farm last night sometime. No warning anything was wrong, he ate fine, was active. Woke up this morning and the CUC was enjoying breakfast....Oh well win some lose some.

Very likley it was due to tank temp.

Sully

crap, daamn and total bummer! :smack:

So sorry to hear this! I have done no research on those gobies and don't know anyone who has kept one except you. Hopefully it was not the temp, because he was doing fine for so long but I guess you'll never know. :(

Last edited by a moderator: