Suitable Tank Mates For An Undulated Trigger Fish

cracker

Hey Badger So they took it back with credit! That's great news. Not sure about the Snowflake .They are usually ready to eat! Is it out & about or hiding? Try a piece of shrimp or fish on a stick in front of him. Not a bad idea to try that for the Lion as well. What are you feeding it?

tbittner

Thaw out a piece of silverside, soak it in selcon, garlic, and zoe, and poke it with a stick, and shove it into the eels nose. Eels don't have good eye sight so the closer you can get the food to them, the better.

In the wild, it's not unusual for an eel to go a month between feedings though so I really wouldn't worry about it not eating right away. Although, ours is a pig and will eat huge silversides every other day.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
What size tank do you have ? Which sp. of Lionfish did you get ? These fish will eat your shrimp as well as smaller fish.

cracker

Ok so I took the undulated back to the shop, got a credit yes!!!

Anyway why I was there I brought a lionfish, a Badger Fish (I think Americans call them fox faces) and a snowflake eel.

The lionfish is a laugh I love it!!! He is eating well and seems to have settled in well.

Now the eel doesn’t seem to be eating. Can you guys give me a few tips on how to get it to eat?

cheers alex.
Hey Badger, How are things going down your way?

Badger84

Hi Guys,

been away a while.

the Lion is a Volitan, the eel won't stop eating (1-2 white bait every 2 days)

Also great news i got a new tank and some new friends i got a foxface and a regal tang.

i want to add a niger trigger with them but am wondering if he will be the same as the undulate I had.