Sucker fish

Brady92

I was wondering if anyone else had a sucker fish that likes to turn upside down at feeding time and skim the top of the water lol I'll try to get a pic of him doing it it's kinda different I think

Waya

I had one it is called an upside down catfish. He would float upside down at times and feed upside down. Fun to watch.

brandon

When I had a freshwater tank it wasn't unusual to have a pleco flip upside down and skim the top of the water at feeding time

Jacobea

Is this sucker fish in this picture because i have never seen such before and i don't have any information about that

StirCrayzy

It is a pleco & looks to be of the fancy variety.
my bro has one like that, i forget the exact name. They are a very common FW algae control fish.

Brady92

Their a pretty common type in Japan and I feed em 2-3 times a day more than they can eat I've got 3 enlongated fish at the bottom that have to eat to lol so their never that hungry their just fast eaters

I Love Living In Japan

Badinfo

They r in every pond or lake and river in florida. I use to catch them by hand when they make a burrow in side of river. Gotta pull them out fast enough before they lock their fins

Brady92

Well super sad face My sucker fish died today so I guess his awesome eating acts werent him trying to put on a show for us I think he wasnt getting enough algea to eat I guess I should have saw it since the tank is crystal clear so I'm not getting another sucker fish imma let my snails do the work

I Love Living In Japan