Stupid 6 line wrasse

ASH

So I come home today and find both of my clown fish looking "ratty". Both of their fins we're tore up. I watch for a little while and see my 6 line chasing them and made one of the clowns so stressed that he hid in the rocks....I've NEVER seen him hide. But that wasn't good enough for the wrasse. He went into the rock where the clown was hiding and started bullying him in there!!!!

So of course my first instinct was to tap on the glass and fuss at the 6 line. Well when that didn't work I started making my phone calls. I talked to Al and he told me to catch the fish and take him back to the LFS. Oh good lord here we go. Catch this little fast fish!!!!! Are you crazy!!!! But I thought about it and saw that it was my only option. LUCKILY I had no problem catching him. I took all my smaller pieces of rock out leaving my big pieces in. Within 3 mins I had him captured. I drove him back to the FS and come back home to a mess to clean up and put back together.

I'm uploading pics now.

I've now got everything back in the tank and both clown fish are a little stressed but I think they'll be just fine. Their both swimming around, not hiding so I guess that's good. I also went ahead and did a WC. I hate the way my rocks look. But my tank is SOOO full of water I don't even think I could put my arm in there without it overflowing. So I guess I'll fool with it another day, and who knows this arrangement might grow on me.

ASH

Yea so I just looked at pics from the way I had my rocks set up and I really don't like it now. I like my rocks to stack up high. And to the right of my leather coral the rocks are too close to him. But here's a pic of the tank and a pic of my ratty looking clown fish now lol.

Picture155.jpg

Picture146.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hey don't blame ME!! I make this stuff up as I go!!

*Disclaimer.... Allen is full of BS! He makes this stuff up so don't do it*

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
hopefully with the "Stresser" out of the tank they will get back to normal. I honestly think you did the right thing there. And WOW! That was FAST!!!

ASH

Al I would never blame you....You've never did anything but help since I met you. Thanks.

jski711

i had the same problem with my 4 line wrasse. he was in my tank for months and then one day just went crazy on my male clown and almost killed him!!! He now resides in my sump which is killing my pod population and am glad to say he's outta here tonight, a local guy is picking him up. nice job on catching the fish that quick, its gotta be some sort of record!!! it took me a few days and a homemade fish trap to get my 4 line out!

Jake

cbrownfish

Hey, naperenterprise......don't have to whack you with a lead pipe to get you to catch on huh? LOL. Just teasing. 100% boy ova here. :D

The 6 Line Wrasse is always classified as "semi-agressive". That is understated IMO. Mine was a real SOB until I added a larger fish to run the show. It still makes it a challenge to keep shrimp in the tank.