Steph's RSM 130

StephLove

Pictures of the newly added stuff! Better late than never, yeah? I still have a few that I need to get pics of, I'll try and get to it soon. Still having problems with that pesky skimmer, I can't get it dialed in to save my life.

StephLove

I finally got the skimmer to work!!! I had still been having problems with it pouring water into the skimmer cup so today, in a fit of frustration, I yanked the air intake valve off of the hose and the water stopped and the bubbles started. Haha! :pBJ:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great vid ! tip - you can click on the Film Icon & add the youtube url & it will show up :)

[video=youtube;NtJdLliPQj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJdLliPQj0[/video]

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Tommy,
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

StephLove

Thank you both! I've been steadily adding corals, including some rastas which I'm super excited about. It's definitely becoming a zoa dominated tank, I can't wait for them all to grow out!

mtc1966

hey I also won one of these tanks back in October . and I have the opposite trouble with my skimmer it just over flows on me . anyone have any suggestions?

StephLove

I finally got it working. I had the air intake restrictor on the skimmer for about two weeks and kept fooling with it trying to get it tuned in. It was such a pain, it wouldn't skim and then if I opened it up at all, it would go crazy and fill the cup with water. Finally, i got fed up and yanked the restrictor off of the skimmer and it started working. It filled the cup about two times before it settled down and now it produces beautiful skim mate like a champ.

StephLove

I know it's been a looooong time since I posted last but here's an update on the tank. I am now 7 months pregnant and downsized my tanks. I sold my lion to a friend and put all of my favorite corals that I decided to keep into this tank. I pretty much started this tank over. Added white sand and more rock to allow for more coral placement options. We are also moving 1,200 miles to TN in 3 weeks and I'll be transporting it all. Hope you enjoy the video.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Steph
great to see you posting on Rs again ! Tanks looking lovely and very healthy great job - great vid !!! :clownfish:

best of luck with the move & congrats on the soon to be new little one !

dgilbert2

I finally got the skimmer to work!!! I had still been having problems with it pouring water into the skimmer cup so today, in a fit of frustration, I yanked the air intake valve off of the hose and the water stopped and the bubbles started. Haha! :pBJ:

The Red Sea manual could be updated about removing the air valve. It helps so much to then get current foaming after a couple of cup overflows :)