Stealth Pro Recall?

catran

They are replacing them with the Visi -Therm. Quentin, sorry, didn't see your email before I called.

QuentinB

Hey, no biggie. I know that's what F&S was planning on doing, but is Marineland doing the same for your other two? Painless experience on the phone? :)

catran

I called F&S and they are sending me one and a return shipping label. Then, I called Marineland and after giving them my serial number (located on the heater in white numbers/letters) they are sending me two. All I have to do to return the two to Marineland is call FedEx! That's great customer service from both company's. BTW, I have never had a problem with any Steath Pro.

GlassMunky

Just called them about my heater and they are sending me a new one. =) very nice, and quick, the whole call took me less than 10 minutes. =) +1 for good customer service

OHmariner

I wonder if this 'recall' will get extended to the smaller heaters or if the smaller ones have a different control unit that is more reliable? I have one of the 15 or 25watt stealth pro heaters(can't remember right now). Mine has been fine for about 8 months but I wonder if I should change it now....On a freshwater tank I use to have, I had a heater go bad and I lost some valuable and beloved fish, it was tramatizing, when it when bad the tank water got up to 98 degrees and it happened overnight, eeek!

catran

No, it does not pertain to 75w and below. These are the newer heaters with the led in the turn knob. If you are really concerned you can call Marineland and they can put your mind at ease...1- 800-338-4896.

OHmariner

No, it does not pertain to 75w and below. These are the newer heaters with the led in the turn knob. If you are really concerned you can call Marineland and they can put your mind at ease...1- 800-338-4896.

Thanks cat, ill prob call them soon, my heater has the led in the turn knob, ill prob call to be safe since I just dropped a bunch of money on stuff for my freshwater tank (so I can't buy another heater just to be safe right now) I want to rest assured. I appreciate you posting the number

QuentinB

@ Quentin- 2 Questions..
1. Did you call Marineland?
2. Did you do your homework? lol :)

Lol, thanks for your concern on my homework. it got done ;)

I haven't called Marineland, I had forgotten if I got a 100w model or a 150w model, so I just checked that last night. Today was hectic, but I will soon enough. I did call F&S though, and it was less than three minutes on the phone. Not only that, but I had my 250w upgraded to a 300, as the visi-therm replacement would have been short on the gallon rating(stealth 250 = 75g, visi 250 = 70g, and I have a 75g tank). So it all works out!

Glad everyone has been having good experiences! I always cringe at the thought of calling customer service lines...

StirCrayzy

Just read through this and was suprised at the apparant unreliability of the Stealth PRO. Also, alarmed to not have been notified about this situation, then i remembered i ordered my Stealth PRO piggybacked on a buddy's F&S order.

So I have had it running in my reef for 6 months with no issues, but i called F&S anyway. They were very cooperative and offered me any heater rated for same gal., or use the purchase price toward any heater of my choice.

I chose Eheim Jager, more efficient Watt/gal then any others, and gets high marks for reliability.

I guess i havent really researched heaters in about 6 years since my old model stealth has lasted since then in my FW, but now i pulled that and swapped it for the old Visitherm backup.

catran

I called both F&S and Marineland on the 16th and by the 25th I had received all three replacements!