starting new rsm130D

gazoz

Hello,

I just started my new Rsm 130D.

T4VGvSy.jpg

Its good the rock aquascape for corals?

Thanks

Desmond

It really depends what type of corals you are going to have in your tank. Also it is really what looks best for you. It is always hard to give advise on a scape as we all have different views :) i like to have lots of caves and gaps in the rockwork so i have flow through all rockwork and also then plan maybe some ledges for sps coral and places where you can have some other corals lower down. Remeber some corals are aggressive and it is important they are placed so they do not harm or sting others (LPS CORALS HAMMER ECT) also bear in mind some spread very fast so it can be best to have them isolated to one rock away from all others :)

spiraling

It really depends what type of corals you are going to have in your tank. Also it is really what looks best for you. It is always hard to give advise on a scape as we all have different views :) i like to have lots of caves and gaps in the rockwork so i have flow through all rockwork and also then plan maybe some ledges for sps coral and places where you can have some other corals lower down. Remeber some corals are aggressive and it is important they are placed so they do not harm or sting others (LPS CORALS HAMMER ECT) also bear in mind some spread very fast so it can be best to have them isolated to one rock away from all others :)

I agree with all of that Desmond!

I love looking at different aquascapes and then the finished tank years later with the corals. Usually you cant see the original structure. I like the "tree" effect you have with the platforms for different corals. I've thought of doing something like this in a future build. What did you make it out of? How did you stick it together?

One thing to keep in mind is that your top stone is quite high. If you put a smallish 2" sps there in the light it will soon grow out of the water.

gazoz

Thank you :)

I glue the stones with "marmolit glue".
Its safe for aquariums.

The goal with this aquascape is to put diffrent corals LPS.
In the end It will be colourful reef With all kinds of corals.

What you say?

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Yes, it should do great. Just be aware that some corals grow differently than others, and larger corals (monti's, kenya's, etc) near the top will quickly cast shadows of those below.

So long as you get the arrangement right with faster growing corals near the bottom you should be good to go.

Jeff

Desmond

Sorry i forgot to add i really do like your scape :) If you are going to keep LPS corals make sure you work out placement as some can sting other corals.For the top you could try superman coral and spread out the rest considering which can sting others and light and flow requirments. I like how much space you have on the sand bed for acans and such really look forward to seeing this tank up and running :)

gazoz

Hello

I need little help:
I have nite out 2 + special blend.
How i cycle with these products ? what is the steps ?

Thank you

Desmond

Just add the reccommend amounts of the products. This will only start you cycle. Do you have live rock and sand ? By adding these products also be aware they may effect your test results. I would put them in and a piece of shrimp leave until the shrimp is in 2 weeks and test water. You should have a reading for Ammonia by then. You may experience a mini cycle with these products but when you add fish it could restart your cycle if you are not careful.Do you have test kits ? Ammonia , N02 ,n03 ? YOU NEED THESE TO START.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
MICROBE-LIFT / Nite-Out II - Specially Formulated for Rapid Ammonia and Nitrite Reduction
Decreases Ammonia & Nitrite Toxicity

Contains: Nitrosomonas, Nitrospira and Nitrobactor

MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II is designed specifically for aquarium waters that contain marine life. Its highly-specialized microbial consortium of nitrifying cultures are specially formulated to eliminate ammonia via a natural biological process termed nitrification. The cultures contain in MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II will establish, promote or stabilize and maintain nitrification in aquarium waters, eliminating the toxic effect of ammonia. MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II liquid nitrifying bacteria contains select strains of Nitrosomonas, Nitrospira and Nitrobacter. Nitrosomonas oxidize ammonia to nitrite and Nitrobacter and Nitrospira oxidize nitrite to nitrate.

MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II comprises select microorganisms that are autotrophic - able to use carbon dioxide as the sole source of carbon - and are relatively slow growing, requiring specific conditions for optimum growth with typical cell divisions rates from 8 to 16 hours. Their performance and rate growth is impacted by the environmental parameters required for nitrification.

this is how many cycle a tank... they use no "additives" :clownfish: has always worked well for me...

One way you could proceed - add a deli shrimp, let it rot for a week or two...

Start testing and watching... the Ammonia will raise then drop, followed by the Nitrites raising and then dropping, then the Nitrates will soar - once the ammonia & nitrites are gone, then do water changes to reduce nitrates.

Ammonia > Nitrite > Nitrate

Tank Cycled
CyclingGraph.gif

Brad Bourgeois

Hello,

I just started my new Rsm 130D.
HELLO I LOVE THIS PIECE YOU DID THISMIS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR FOR MY 90 GALLON TANK. DO USE SELL THESE IF NITMWOULD YOUN BE INTERESTED IN MAKING ME 3 of these? YOU CAN NAME YOUR PRICE NAD IL BUY THEM MY TANK IS 4'X18"
T4VGvSy.jpg

Its good the rock aquascape for corals?

Thanks