starting a new 120 tank

bryan66

I just got 90 pounds of
BRS Reef Saver Dry Aquarium Live Rock i was thinking of doing the cure and cycle at the same time in the main tank and adding live rock from my nano when the cycle is over any advise?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That is how I started up my tanks...

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Oxylebius

I just got 90 pounds of
BRS Reef Saver Dry Aquarium Live Rock i was thinking of doing the cure and cycle at the same time in the main tank and adding live rock from my nano when the cycle is over any advise?

If it is dry rock, the you don't need to cure it. Rinse it well to get any dust off and stick it in your tank while it is cycling. Adding rock from your other tank to seed it is great to do (depending on the amount, your cycle may run fast). You may want to still add an ammonia source to kick start the cycle.

meknudson2

It sounds like a great way to start. I am with Oxylebius and adding some deli shrimp or something similar to give the cycle a kick start would be a great addition.

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!!