SPS pics

yoshiod9

the pieces i scored for my birthday! cali tort(without flash is the lighter colored pic and with flash is the darker colored picture), cyphastrea ocellina, pink birdsnest with yellow tips.

Attachments

• cali tort.JPG
    cali tort.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 74
  • cali tort flash.JPG
    cali tort flash.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 76
  • cyphastrea ocellina.JPG
    cyphastrea ocellina.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 76
  • pink birdsnest with yellow tips.JPG
    pink birdsnest with yellow tips.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 76
Hey Yoshiod, nice stuff! (including the favia).
Did you get the birdsnest frag from Ming?
I got one just like that a few weeks ago, & I also have the other 2 you just posted pics of too. This is kinda wierd, we must have the same taste in corals or something..
Matt

yoshiod9

muffler- i picked up the birdsnest from a different store(geez, that's almost blasphemy considering how much nice stuff i always buy from ming!) but it was a huge frag for 25 bucks...so i couldn't pass up that deal! that is funny...i guess we do have the same tastes in corals. :D

yoshiod9

hm...i dunno. i picked this up at tropical paradise in san leandro and it was sold as cali tort. i just loved the color(though james at aquascene has some AMAZING stuff).

TDEVIL

ok, i think i finally got the WB figured out on the cam :)

post-13-1110233874.jpg

post-13-1110233769.jpg

post-13-1110233591.jpg

Jay

Maxx

Nice corals Jay. Do you know what the second one is by any chance? I have a frag with very similar polyp charecteristics and coloration. I know that ID-ing an SPS visually is really difficult (almost impossible) but the similarities between these two is close enough that I'd feel comfortable calling it the same thing.

Nick

baja_01

Jusreefin said:
I always thought the Cali Tort was a lighter blue and the Org. Tort was a darker blue???

From what I have read/seen torts can be anywhere form a light blue to a dark purple depending on you lighting.

The main difference between Cali and Org is that the Cali has a greenish body and the Org is a solid blue.

TDEVIL

thanks

Nick, to be honest i have no clue, sorry

Rob, im glad i actually got the white balence figured out, now i can show teh red'ish tips on that one, it will be a while before i frag, these are large corals, but i like to have them for atleast 6 months before i frag, i do know where one it thou, online

Jay

LOUISBUI

Just want to throw in few updated pics of one of few Monti Rainbow frags that I hold for a friend...I wish I have a good camera to capture the contrast of ocean blue background blending with green, yellow, and orange polyps...LOL...Its color is better than the mother colony..I also tag along my PM update...It grows little more since I posted last time...

Louis

Attachments

• Monti Rainbow Frag Update.jpg
    Monti Rainbow Frag Update.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 96
  • PM Update.jpg
    PM Update.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 91

reggie060

let me post a few!!

this is what I've got..

Attachments

• blue tort.JPG
    blue tort.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 91
  • mid.jpg
    mid.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 90
  • side 2.JPG
    side 2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 91
  • side 1.JPG
    side 1.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 91

LOUISBUI

Maxx said:
Looks good Reggie!

Louis, when ya gonna frag that PM????????????

:D

Nick

Hey Nick...When that PM reaches to a sizeable colony, I will frag it to 1) share some with fellow reefers and 2) ensure my tank is in properly organized shape...;-)

Louis

scarab

Some of my fav SPS. :smoking: :smoking:

Attachments

• Top pink stylo.JPG
    Top pink stylo.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Top digis.JPG
    Top digis.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 71
  • acro7.JPG
    acro7.JPG