SPS pics

I got these 2 today, cool birds nest & a blue green tenius, I'm also gonna sneek a pic of a yellow torch in, too.

Attachments

• sps & micro 002.jpg
    sps & micro 002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 430
  • sps & micro 003.jpg
    sps & micro 003.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 434
  • sps & micro 004.jpg
    sps & micro 004.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 432

Maxx

Seritopora's and Stylo's can be similar, but that is a Seritopora caliendrum.
Nick

Thanks Maxx, I'm kinda new to all the different names & species of SPS. Now that i look at it, a birds nest has more crooked branches. I just rearranged my whole tank to put thes in the main reef. These pics were taken in my frag tank. Cant wait for it to grow!

SueT

Birdsnest is the common name and seriatopora is the scientific name. It's the same coral. Caliendrum is a thicker branched, more rouned tips coral than hystrix which has more pointed tips. I don't think the second pic is an acropora tenuis though.

Nice stuff anyway...

Thanks dude, I'm really starting to get bummed out over this picture taking thing. I have alot of sweet corals in my tank, & I cant take a picture worth 2 cents!!!! I'm getting ready to buy that setup you take pics with, but I dont want to spend the money. I'm gonna need for them lord frags I'm gettin soon...........
You must have some great SPS pics, lets see em!!!!!

mane3215

Mufflerguy said:
Thanks dude, I'm really starting to get bummed out over this picture taking thing. I have alot of sweet corals in my tank, & I cant take a picture worth 2 cents!!!! I'm getting ready to buy that setup you take pics with, but I dont want to spend the money. I'm gonna need for them lord frags I'm gettin soon...........
You must have some great SPS pics, lets see em!!!!!

No worries =) you have to have you priorities straight =), being LORDS! =).

Here is my new baby, its much more intense then these pics show, I have to get some new shots!

bonsai123104.sized.jpg

bonsai123104a.sized.jpg

bonsai123104b.sized.jpg

bonsai123104c.sized.jpg

Pics look a lot cooler in high res, here is one, dont worry about the dust everywhere in the lens/sensor =(.

High Res

Sweet pic Chris!!!!!!!
Is that a true purple bosai or something similar, I hear the GARF version is a super slow grower.
It doesnt look big enough to frag yet, HEHE............
Matt

mane3215

Thanks bro! Its supposed to be the same thing as the Garf. Its weird, I just went on a freaking hunt for it, and now, its like the sps to get hehe. Seems to always work out like that. I have a guy who had a colony from Garf, but it started to rtn, he saved three pieces he said. He came here last week said I can have one, so I'm gonna go pick it up soon.

Maxx

Mane,
That looks super sweet...You dont wanna know how many frags I'm now going to be pestering you for.....Its just gonna be ugly. Total and complete begging that will border on degradation....

:cry1:

Nick

SueT

Dave what kind of lighting do you have your tenuis under??? I got a nice tenuis like about 6-7 weeks ago. Acclimated it under my 250w 10k XM's and it came in cream colored with blue tips. Now the coral has morphed into a green body base with blue almost all the way down the branches. :smoking:

You piece looks identical to mine. Or mine looks like yours. :hallo:

davejnz

1x250Iwasaki6.5k,1x39wT5blue+1x39wT5act03.Mine has also started showing some green near the base.Its been on the bottom of my tank for the past month acclimating.It is a bali aquacultured coral.

SueT

I used to be an iwasaki user, but someone twisted my arm into trying these XM's. I loved the colors I got with the iwasaki's.

Nice piece...

davejnz

thanks,I just switched from CV10k's and its been a long process acclimating everything to those 'sakis,they are real bright.

va_reefman

Hello Sue! Haven't seen you on RC for a while. :)

How are your tanks doing? I kept going back to the link I have on your tank but don't see any updated pics.

John