spring break 09'!?!

yungreefer2410

i just wanted to know what your doing/travailing anywhere for spring break. me i'm working on the beach depending on the tourists to want to go parasailing lol. it is a lot of fun though. seems like a lot of ppl here (locals) are going to the keys (florida). just wanted to see what ppl are doing this year...

BillW

The last time I was on spring break was 1974. I was stationed in NC. A couple of us went fishing for four days.

mps9506

wow talk about early. was it still cold?

I think most colleges have spring break in March, not around Easter like high schools. when I get back from Easter break I'm getting ready to study for finals...

You're a SMILEY nerd. Who loves BACON.
sounds just about right... I forgot to buy the waffle stuff... maybe I'll hit up the grocery store later today.

sambrinar

the schools around here's spring break was 2 weeks ago.. It's good to live in the desert, was a nice week..

As for me I haven't had a spring break in 12 years

BarbMazz

Yes, they do. Italy just about shuts down for the month of August. I think everyone in the world would be much happier if they had a good amount of break time.

mps9506

One of the companies I interned at was a supplier for Mercedes Benz, I remember you could not do any business with them for a few weeks in the summer (I assume August also?), as the entire German operations were closed... The account managers loved it, they could relax for a few weeks and the boss couldn't really say anything about it.

sambrinar

Yes, they do. Italy just about shuts down for the month of August. I think everyone in the world would be much happier if they had a good amount of break time.

Sounds like a plan to me but my patients prolly wouldn't appreciate it!! lol

ReefLady

Staff member
It's a little late for Spring Break, no? I was in Ft Myers Beach, FL from 3/13 - 3/18, and it was spring break there then. I wasn't there for spring break (there to visit my parents), but the beach was mobbed. Weather was gorgeous.

One of the companies I interned at was a supplier for Mercedes Benz, I remember you could not do any business with them for a few weeks in the summer (I assume August also?), as the entire German operations were closed... The account managers loved it, they could relax for a few weeks and the boss couldn't really say anything about it.

Interesting. My husband works for Benz (Auto Tech). He gets a grand total of 10 vacation days each year, all sick time is unpaid. Everybody always says "Oh, you work for Mercedes, you must have great benefits". I guess there's a huge difference between the German manufacturer, and the privately owned US dealerships.

mps9506

Interesting. My husband works for Benz (Auto Tech). He gets a grand total of 10 vacation days each year, all sick time is unpaid. Everybody always says "Oh, you work for Mercedes, you must have great benefits". I guess there's a huge difference between the German manufacturer, and the privately owned US dealerships.

Yes very much so...
My mom's new husband has worked for Honda for over 30 years, currently working on the Honda Jet projects... The difference between the corporate Honda world and what you encounter at the privately owned dealers is amazing...
I wonder if the car manufacturers wouldn't be better off, and the customers as well if they sold directly themselves instead of through a dealership...
Of course the dealership owners wouldn't be better off so I'm sure that wouldn't happen. But with all the dealerships closing shop who knows..

bskinn77

I had spring break 2 weeks ago took a cruise to grand cayman and Cozumel I took pictures of snorkling In cayman if anyone wants to see them they are under "scuba diving" section of the forums.