spotted mandarin goby

heteloto

i bought a spotted mandarin goby and i put him in my tank, saw him a bit and i have not seen him since i purchased him.

is he hiding in my 60 pounds of live rock? or possibly died and was eaten by peppermint shrimp??

do they eat dead fish?

i dont know. hes M.I.A

GrendelPrime

chances are hes just laying low till he gets adjusted and peppermint shrimp will scavenge but give it a few days and see if he turns up and like i said hes probably just hiding so dont worry

heteloto

i should have mentioned i bought him like 2 weeks ago. along with the shrimp. i see none of them. the shrimp sometimes come out and play but never the goby. no signs of foul play!! but i dont see him.

SecretAgent

Same thing happened to me Heteloto...I bought one around a month ago and havent seen anything of mine in all this time. Mine is (supposed to be)in a 155g.....

heteloto

hopefully he is just laying low, i spot feed my trumpet coral brine and i always try to leave a little behind the rock in case he is there he has something to munch on. i dont know. weird

mettjl03

I have had mine for about 5 months now and he hardly ever comes out... My shrimp doesn't either he just hangs in the rock and sometimes comes out at night. I'm sure he is just laying low... Good Luck!