Splitting nem and then fusing again, anyone got that before

Basile

Ok , she split completely and the several hours later she fused back together, anybody ever had that kind of behavior before.It was a flower anemone. This happened to me twice now with two different species of nem. This is the picture of the nem in 2 pieces, with clearely two heads .....Then she became one again a few hours later...totally baffle with this.

2026.jpg

2025.jpg

2024.jpg

2028.jpg

The other nem was a bubbletip starting to split while in transition from another tank, as soon as she got in my tank she whent back as one. I'm starting to think i have crazy glue in my tank. No picture of that one it was too fast happening, but i'm baffled by this. Anybody as any explanation for this.​

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I can't explain it but I do know that when you slice a bubble tip anemone in half, each cut half usually fuses the injured part together so instead of having a 2 C shaped nems, you get 2 O shaped ones. Does that make sense? Knowing that, it wouldn't surprise me that they might start to split then rejoin together.

Surfnut

It looks like the nem is squeezed into a hole in the rock. Are you sure it split? Could it maybe playing a game of hide-and-seek with part of it sticking out of each side of the hole? Aka a tunnel going through the rock which the nem is occupying and using to drive you crazy.

Darkwrym

I've got two Bubble tips and three flower anemones. I know bubble tips can possibly do this because they split themselves but as far as I know flower nems don't split like other nems do and will die if someone tries to split them. I do know that it's possible for mushrooms to do this because I've seen it happen multiple times. I think I'm going to agree with Surfnut on this. The bubble tip may have but it looks like this one is going through the rock. It is still pretty cool though haha.