Splitaroo

Tru2nr

take the stump of the leather and take a rubberband and put the rubberband around the rock and the stump twist and repeat.

Jess

Ok, thanks tru. I guess where I over think this is....to me, I'd think the leather would want to be upright, and the rubberband deal would obviously not leave it that way, but more on its side. At any rate, I will figure it out! Thanks friends, I will keep you posted!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok, thanks tru. I guess where I over think this is....to me, I'd think the leather would want to be upright, and the rubberband deal would obviously not leave it that way, but more on its side. At any rate, I will figure it out! Thanks friends, I will keep you posted!

One bit of advice... Stop thinking it through :) Just do it and you'll see just how easy and simple it is.

An alternate method (and you've probably already read about it) is to use needle and thread. YES needle and thread. It's similar to the "Rubber-band" method but some people like it better. Try this link...

Leather Coral Attachment - Coral Shoppe

Jess

I am totally guilty of over analyzing this! I get it from my mother, blame her.

Ok, seeing those pics helped. Would you wait for it to split itself, or just get it over with now...it's SO CLOSE!