Spin-Stream on RSM 250

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
What great timing; I was just looking at my stock nozzles thinking "I wish it didn't hit the front glass so bad and disrupt the sand." Are you happy with both on there or have you noticed much difference?
This is the EXACT same reason that I tried this device in the beginning....they work like a charm! :thumbup:
I only bought one to start with...then re-ordered for the other side.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Will this work fine on the 130D aswell?

I think it will! The IM Spin-Stream device comes packaged with several (3 or 4?) different size nozzle connectors.
One of them should work. They are very stretchable rubber adapters.
I've still not had any problem with either one of my Spin-Steams.
I've removed each one to clean algae & coralline off & put them back on lots of times. They have never failed to keep spinning even when they look algae covered. Still very happy with the way they work :thumbup:

Hutchy007

I think it will! The IM Spin-Stream device comes packaged with several (3 or 4?) different size nozzle connectors.
One of them should work. They are very stretchable rubber adapters.
I've still not had any problem with either one of my Spin-Steams.
I've removed each one to clean algae & coralline off & put them back on lots of times. They have never failed to keep spinning even when they look algae covered. Still very happy with the way they work :thumbup:

Im sold, managed to find one over here in the UK at Charterhouse, so i guess ill get that ordered now.... see how much convincing i needed :)

Hutchy007

Well... its arrived and fitted already..... Bravo parcelforce and the internet :)
Quick question, did you lot cut down the rubber adapters a little to stop such an extruded fitting, or did you leave it at its full length... so to speak?

You can shorten the rubber tubes, I also cut down the nozzles as I had two spare.
029_zpse3e6f91c.jpg
Now they are about the same length as the originals.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Well... its arrived and fitted already..... Bravo parcelforce and the internet :)
Quick question, did you lot cut down the rubber adapters a little to stop such an extruded fitting, or did you leave it at its full length... so to speak?

I didn't cut anything shorter...I think they make the water flow hit my rock scape about right as they are right out if the package. Hope they worked good on your tank :)

Hutchy007

Yep it seems to be working a treat!
Though the Bangai cardinals that are breeding, seem to be a bit perturbed at the new current. I'm sure they will get used to it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:bump: :bump:
It has been well over a year since I added my Spin-Stream devices to my return nozzles and they have not given me any trouble at all. Still working perfectly...I think it's one of the best tank mods I've done....Simple & EASY addition! :thumbup:

You think this will make a diffeence in my C-250? I see the water moving on the top of my tank
I have both the nozzles pointing straight forward to the front of the tank should I move them to point down?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
You think this will make a diffeence in my C-250? I see the water moving on the top of my tank
I have both the nozzles pointing straight forward to the front of the tank should I move them to point down?
I think you will ABSOLUTLY L:heart:VE the added directions the Spin-Stream will give your water.
Just bouncing off the front glass makes no good sense to me after I installed Spin-Steam.
IMO, it's a needed modification. But that's only IMO :yup:
They require NO added power source, no wires, just water flow to make them spin, not terribly expensive.
Just get one & TRY IT. ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
To all of you with New RSM 250 tanks or tanks that need a little something extra on your return pump nozzles. I'm :bump: bumping this thread UP again.
Innovative Marine Spin Stream nozzles work well.
Here's a link (and there are other links on page 1 of this thread also)
http://innovative-marine.com/auqa-gadget/spin-stream.html
I promise I don't have stock in this company :rolleyes: ...I just really like this little gadget that they made. :D

DaveR11

To all of you with New RSM 250 tanks or tanks that need a little something extra on your return pump nozzles. I'm :bump: bumping this thread UP again.
Innovative Marine Spin Stream nozzles work well.
Here's a link (and there are other links on page 1 of this thread also)
http://innovative-marine.com/auqa-gadget/spin-stream.html
I promise I don't have stock in this company :rolleyes: ...I just really like this little gadget that they made. :D

Just bought two today Diana for my central circulations pumps. They look like a really good gadget for varying the flow. This forum is great for ideas and sharing knowledge. Many thanks. I just need to raise the water level enough to turn them on!