Spammie's Tank :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
I feed mine a bit off silver side chopped up once a week. Unless it ate a snail off course !

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Lol, you got to upgrade your photbucket acct. you to photo happy according to the message in the picture box and you need bigger storage for all the marine pictures :)

Spammie33

I found this in my tank today, is it some sort of star fish? It moves like one, it has tiny tube feet too. Its probably the size of a dime.

Here's a pic:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Would love to see some more of your amazing shots again! :camera:

How's the tank going?? Everyone happy and healthy?

Spammie33

I had one casualty, other than that all my fish are happy and healthy!! I'm sorry I have not had time to update my tank! I will upload photos soon!!! :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about the casualty! But it's great that everyone else is happy :) looking forward to seeing some new shots too!

Spammie33

Its funny, the only reason why I bought a dslr a year ago was to take pictures of my fish, now I am in love with photography! Its so awesome! If you guys would like to check out some of my images you can check out my flickr blog i try to post on a weekly basis, I have many fish pictures there too! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98792357@N02/

Spammie33

Does anyone have any tips on catching my Greenbird Wrasse? Ive been trying to for the past 2 days, I have tried using an old fashioned net and putting food in an empty soda bottle to see if he goes in.

NickF

Any luck catching your Wrasse yet? Did he take a liking to your corals, you've had him quite a while now haven't you?
We need some new shots of your tank, your pictures are amazing!:fishbowl:

DaveR11

Just read your thread - lovely pictures of some fantastic fish and corals. I hope you have managed to catch that wrasse....

Oxylebius

I'd suggest catching it in the middle of the night when the wrasse is fast asleep. These wrasses typically sleep under rock shelves, under corals, on the sand surface or in a crevice. Generally they do not bury themselves in the sand at night like other wrasses do. I'd watch to see where it sleeps at night. You can either watch to see where it goes when the lights go out. Or get a red light and look for it in the middle of the night (with all while lights off both on the tank and in the room). Catching a sleeping fish is much easier then during the day. Even catching a newly awoken groggy fish is easier then one which is a wake and moving fast.

If it is in a crevase, set up a QT tank, have it running and ready. At night take the rock with fish out and place into the QT. The next day when the fish has left the rock crevase, take the rock and place back in the DT. It will be much easier catching a fish in an empty QT using a couple of nets.

Spammie33

Any luck catching your Wrasse yet? Did he take a liking to your corals, you've had him quite a while now haven't you?
We need some new shots of your tank, your pictures are amazing!:fishbowl:
Just read your thread - lovely pictures of some fantastic fish and corals. I hope you have managed to catch that wrasse....
I'd suggest catching it in the middle of the night when the wrasse is fast asleep. These wrasses typically sleep under rock shelves, under corals, on the sand surface or in a crevice. Generally they do not bury themselves in the sand at night like other wrasses do. I'd watch to see where it sleeps at night. You can either watch to see where it goes when the lights go out. Or get a red light and look for it in the middle of the night (with all while lights off both on the tank and in the room). Catching a sleeping fish is much easier then during the day. Even catching a newly awoken groggy fish is easier then one which is a wake and moving fast.

If it is in a crevase, set up a QT tank, have it running and ready. At night take the rock with fish out and place into the QT. The next day when the fish has left the rock crevase, take the rock and place back in the DT. It will be much easier catching a fish in an empty QT using a couple of nets.

Thanks! I have not caught him yet, at this point i have given up and I don't want to stress out the rest of my fish. Oxylebius, I have not thought of that! Thats a good suggestion!! He is a heavy sleeper, I will give that a go as soon as I get a chance!

BTW, I just realized that Ive had my wrasse for two years. A random realization, I went back in my thread and saw when I first got him haha

Last edited:

Spammie33

GUYSSSS I will try to post pictures of my tank today, yesterday I did a quick video just to show you guys how my tank looks like now (pretty much all my same fish I have not added any besides a damsel). PLEASE ENJOY and give it a thumbs up (if you want haha!). If you guys have been following my thread you will notice that most of my fish have gotten bigger, especially my tomato fish!

Last edited: