Some Coral Ideas: Your Favorite

thirty5

I have a 180 that i need to populate with corals. Can you guys let me know your favorites and post some pics. I would like to see what people like and get some ideas on what to put in my tank.

Thanks for your input

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
One of my all time favorites is the Montipora capricornis. For me, this is the quintessential reef coral with its wood mushroomlike layering and graceful form. It has a velvet texture and glows when illuminated with actinics. Here is a picture of the plating kind. They also form cups and bowls and come in red, green, tan, and yellow. Furthermore, it is a very easy and fast growing coral. Beware, it can outgrow your tank so be ready to frag!

DSC_0031.jpg

Anselth

I really like Wellsophyllia, Lobophyllia, and there are some really outstanding Caulastrea color morphs. I'm a big fan of LPS'...I don't have the lighting for SPS yet.

mps9506

What kind of lighting and tank conditions do you have?

AFA as my tanks, well, is there anything other than Acros???? :D

379tableacro.jpg

379millecloseup1.jpg

379IMG_0442.jpg

379acroandbrain.jpg

I guess brains and rics are ok also... :D

379top-down-favia2.jpg

orange_rics1.jpg

kathywithbirds

I just started out. Been reading and looking a lot, but I keep going back to zoas, they're just so colorful, and mine are growing like weeds!

caitrina

Rics have become one of my favorites and I look high and low for colors I don't have. When I began this I didn't even like them, but now I seem to be obsessed, lol. Have even made a spot in my tank just for Rics. I also like the toadstool leather like this one.
leather_and_xenia_005.jpg

Snelly40

Frogspawn!!!
god this pic is from a few months ago, i cant believe how much it has grown now that im looking at it, new pics are on the way!!!!

Frogspawn2.JPG

michael_cb_125

Acros, Acros, Acros. I LOVE these corals, they have awesome growth forms and really nice color. I also like the torch, hammer, and frogspawn corals.
Pipe Organ Coral, This is probably my favorite coral, especially if you can find a deep water specimen.
javascript:window.close()
I have one just like this with out the green centers.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think you NEED:

FrogSpawn, Hammer and or a Torch in there. I actually have all THREE in my 10g tank. Just give them room as they will "Sting" other corals if too close.

I'm with you on the zoa "issues". I can't seem to get enough.

Allen

PS You know we expect LOTS of pics...

Allen :)

GeeWizzItsMe

I don't own any corals, but the hammer coral looks really awesome to me, and it looks really good under the lunar lights!

tbittner

Not a coral but I love my Red Sea Fingers. After the halides go out they get completely full of white polyps. Very nice!

I love my Torch coral too. Nice waving motion in the current and a very bright green. :)