Solaris G Series

PFO sent it to me as a replacement (first one took a crap)..and I had already gone back to a MH fixture.

This is the original G series( two LED banks equivalent to a 250 MH bulb, per PFO) and I think they really suck!!!!!!

so I'm not going to sell this for very much $.( I would think you are a "Maroon"( as Bugs Bunny would say) for even wanting this stupid thing)
Honestly, I don't even think the LEDs look that good, MH bulbs really make tanks+corals look and grow better, IMO-Dave

lcstorc

How much is not very much? I don't really need it but wouldn't mind having it on my 90 instead of my T5s.
I have a 72inch on order for my other tank.

Lynn,,.. Honestly I will sell this for 500 U.S. Dollars,(buyer must pay shipping from Florida Keys).
However Lynn if you have an I series coming, you would be very disappointed with the performance of the G series.
But I will sell it,..I'm just going to feel bad for the person who I sell it too.
I might even accept less as long as the buyer promises to start a thread in witch they will share their agony with the rest of the RS community.-Dave

DAHansen

GAAAAHHHHHH.... I wish I had the $500 to spend. I'd buy it. And share my misery.

Do you offer Layaway? :faces:

lcstorc

Well they would be for different types of tank. One is my reef and the other is my seahorse tank. If I put one on the seahorse tank it would only really be for the temp reduction but I am only running T5s now. I'll have to see if I think the LED will be significantly cooler than my T5 I have now.

lcstorc

Can't do it right now. Funds have gone out of the bank faster than expected. Now if Frank gets this new job we could be back in business.

Something like that would be a perfect application for this light Lynn.
or LPS,or softies,....I should back up and mention that I am an SPS snob and this light is no good for SPS applications,..the I series YES ,..but not the G.-Dave

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
*ponders* $500 plus S/h ? Does it have any type of original warranty?

At the moment I only have ONE SpS in my tank.. all LPS and softies....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd have to agree. Julie and I talked it over last night and I'm just concerned it wouldn't be enough for the few LPS I have now. I'll just pass on it for now and wait till I get the "BIG" tank.

Thanks everyone :)