Solana sprung a leak

Royalscott

I did a water change on the tank and noticed several hours later, a puddle of liquid on the floor. I blamed it on one of the dogs until I saw a lake of water all around the tank on the stand! I wiped it up and the water just kept coming back from underneath the tank.

All of the rock, corals, fish and most of the sand are now out. I have the fish in a bucket for the night with a heater and pump until I figure out what to do.

What do I do??? How do I find the leak?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Take the tank outside set it up on 2x4s and fill it, then look for the leak.

if it's a plumbing issue you just have to watch patently, if it's leaking like it sounds it should be visible.

Good luck, hope it's something simple!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Does your system have outside the tank plumbing or is this an all in one?
I am not following threads right now but I do get PM's in email if you need any advice from me.

Royalscott

I put the tank up on 2x4's for several hours filled with water and never found a leak. After much consulting with Frankie, I re-sealed the bottom inside of the tank for peace of mind.

I am now thinking that when I did the water change (I am messy) and spilled water down the side of the tank, it seeped under the tank and came out the front. Who knows!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I put the tank up on 2x4's for several hours filled with water and never found a leak. After much consulting with Frankie, I re-sealed the bottom inside of the tank for peace of mind.

I am now thinking that when I did the water change (I am messy) and spilled water down the side of the tank, it seeped under the tank and came out the front. Who knows!

Because of the salts the water does not evaporate like fresh does and it very well could have been from an old spill.
Glad there was no leak!!