So I've heard this knocking...

chir3q

Congratulations! Did you get him evicted from that piece of rock yet?

NO i have not and quite frankly i dont know how:eek:
any ideas?

im realy not bothered with rest of stuff on this rock, it will grow new colony of bacteria .So can i just bath it in tap water? or that will cause more dmg then i expect. First i thought RO will do, but after 30 min i still had stuff moving.I tried screw driver and a hammer.Basicly i've spend 6-7h working on this rock.

I heard that the nonsafe hichhickers r hard to kill.I just dont want to bring him back to my tank and dont want to lose the rock eather its a nice piece of rock.

tnwillia

Now that you have him out and isolated maybe deli-shrimp in a jar or some way to get him to run for food that you can trap him outside the rock. I read a year ago about using RO/fresh water but can't find it now. You have a sump/fuge? can you move the rock into that? Good luck!

chir3q

Now that you have him out and isolated maybe deli-shrimp in a jar or some way to get him to run for food that you can trap him outside the rock. I read a year ago about using RO/fresh water but can't find it now. You have a sump/fuge? can you move the rock into that? Good luck!

No sump/fuge got the bucket tho:)
and a heater
i will fry this bastard!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If you know which hole it's in I've heard that using a turkey baster to shoot soda water into the hole may get him to come out.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I hope he didn't move to another rock!
Maybe buy a couple bottles of soda water & soak the whole rock?

David Shaw

I too have heard a knocking sound at nights. After reading these posts I was was convinced i had a mantis shrimp in there too!

Anyhow i have had the day from hell as a result. I decided to strip the tank down and dip EVERYTHING. Everything got cleaned, dipped and syphoned.

To my horror, i found 3 shrimp things that flushed out, along with a bristle worm and a small crab. :help:

It has taken me over 6 hours! Anyhow thankfully everything is back in the tank now, re-aquaacped and the lights are off, i can't hear any more damned clicking sounds so hopefully whatever it was is flushed away and the demon hitchhikers are returned to Dante's 5th circle of hell and not in my tank! LOL

My mantra now is .....I must stop reading mantis shrimp / bristle worm / hitchhiker posts.
:smack:

David Shaw

Terry

I so will not read any more posts about 'em. Those things give me nightmares from hell.

HOPEFULLY, after all what i have done today i am free of pests! If not i will ditch the damned thing and get a cat.