so i was thinking about....

Tru2nr

ok so i was thinkn' now that i have these button polyps about fragging them...is it possible to do that in my tank or do i have to have a seperate fragging tank and if i am to do it in my tank what would be the best way to go about it, i saw about how to frag mushrooms but i don't think that would be the same thing to do when it comes to the button polyps but maybe im wrong. my current frag rock has 3 button polyps on it but i would love to get a nice big chunk of rock with them on there.

mps9506

Easiest way to frag polyps and zoas in my expereince is just stick the rock next to another rock and they will eventually grow onto that rock. If it is a smooth rock you can actually slide a razor blade under the colony and peel it off the rock and use some mesh or a small glass with rock and sand in it to let the zoas or polyps grow onto another piece of rock. If you are skilled you can super glue it onto another rock, but I've never had much luck with that. Other folks will use stainless steel syringe needles to pin the polyp or zoa colony onto the rock. Just use a pecie of cut rubber band to act as a stopper to keep the polyp from slide up and down on the needle.

Tru2nr

so if i just snip the cap off and pin it into a new rock it'll be all good? i just got the button polyps a cpl of days ago i was figuring giving it about a week before i make this attempt.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I would wait a while. They are still in some sort of shock from the move. I don't frag my stock until they really start to produce and look healthy and I can afford to risk losing some. If you've only got a FEW polyps I'd wait till they grow out more.

:)

Tru2nr

yeah i figure i'd wait untill they start to produce a couple polyps how long ave. does it take for the button polyps to reproduce i've read that it can be rather fast and i've read that they take forever