SnowFlake Eel and a blue ribbon together

rafikgrais

Hi all

I ordered a Blue Ribbon eel from the Shop I usually get my life stock from, they told me that this eel is rare and I have to be on the waiting list.

So I forgot the idea and got a Snowflake few weeks ago and very Happy with it

All of a sudden I have received an e-mail from the shop that my Blue ribbon is there and I have to go and pick it

Is there a problem to put them both together or they will kill each other

Thanks very much

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The Ribbon has a dismal success rate long-term in this industry. I'd opt to not get that one even though it's a stunning animal in appearance.

They are notorious for being almost impossible to get to eat in captivity and if you'll notice (At least online) none of the vendors give them any type of (14 day) live guarantee. Arrive ALIVE is all they'll promise. That speaks volumes for this animal and in my eyes it should be left in the ocean at least for now.

rafikgrais

i already got him because it was my order but now he is in the Sump i want to know if they will fight each other or not

andrewsimon

good luck with them. I've been working at an lfs for almost 2 years, and we have yet to get a blue ribbon eel, or any type of ribbon eel for that matter to ever eat. I've only heard of one person that has had a blue ribbon eel to eat, and even then they had to put the krill (the only thing it would eat) on a piece of straw and make it look alive.