Skunk cleaner shrimp molted!....again

theDeedo

so I come home today thinking my skunk cleaner shrimp had multiplied. I seen his shell still attached to a rock moving with the current. and him underneath my skimmer box. He/she just molted about a month ago, so I was thrown a little off.

Is this normal for skunk cleaner shrimp to molt alot?

JandR

That is funny you said that. I woke up this morning with my cleaner shrimp attached to the skimmer filter and at first thought he died for some weird reason. But it was his molt. I have had him since September and he has molted about 4 or 5 times so I am guessing every 2 weeks or so. I wrote it on the calendar to see if it was a scheduled thing lol.

Skyreefer

Lol. I have 2 cleaner shrimp and 2 peppermint shrimp. They take turns molting so I see shells on the sand every once in a while and I have to make sure they're not dead every time. Not sure if it's necessary to remove the empty shell everytime. Im pretty sure some remains go unnoticed.

steved13

PREMIUM
Yup, mine molts quite a bit, leave the molt in, it won't hurt, and mostly calcium.

tnwillia

Mine molt about monthly minimum, after a while you don't see the molts anymore unless there is something really weird to catch your eye or the CUC is not doing their job. Have fun!