Skimmer stopped working...??

JKT69

My tunze 9002 is dead, and I've only had it a couple of months. This morning it was not working at all...it wasn't skimming hardly anything, so how long can I go without a skimmer, and are there any suggestions on a replacement? Honestly, i wasnt impressed with the quality of it, pretty flemsy plastic that needed a rubberband to keep it together. I have the media rack and need something that will fit in the back....suggestions?

Thanks,

JKT69

nyfan78

i got rid of my Tunze 9002 and put my stock skimmer back in my RSM 130. I ended up cutting off 1/2-3/4' off the bottom. not the bubbles are now at the bottom of the collection cup.

JKT69

i got rid of my Tunze 9002 and put my stock skimmer back in my RSM 130. I ended up cutting off 1/2-3/4' off the bottom. not the bubbles are now at the bottom of the collection cup.

i ditched my stock skimmer...meaning aka trash can.

I would go with the turboflotor skimmer. Great skimmer and fits great in the back chamber with the media rack. Very happy with it since I changed out the tunze.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Have u taken it apart n vinegar soaked it? Vinegar is pump magic.

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore

The blue 500. There are a few posts here of members fitting them to their 130's. Try a search sorry but on my phone and it's tricky to search on it for you.

JKT69

The model is 130D. And I have not soaked it in vinegar...it's only been in operational a few weeks and not really skimming anything anyways, I realize there is a break in period, but no way this thing should NOT be working.

nyfan78

JKT69--The person that reviewed the skimmer used it on his 130d so i would have to assume it does. I may go with this skimmer myself too.

JKT69

Re-read that review...ADD kicked in I guess first go around cause it clearly says 130D...anyway, nyfan78 - are you gonna pull the trigger on this one?

Last question - how long can I safely without a skimmer?