skimmer question

jcoopergd

I havea 40 gal - sumpless - I use the remora pro HOB with the Mag 3 - you can get the same skimmer (cept its called an Urchin) for an in sump -

Great skimmers - what are the max dimensions for your skimmers footprint in your sump?

j

mps9506

I runa euroreef ES5-3 on my 40 breeder. I modified the outlet with a coupling so I gcan get much wetter skimmate. I honestly couldn't be happier.

TDEVIL

hay Don, how things go'in, good i hope :)

how much is your cousin willing to spend, euroreef's as you know are pricey

the Urchin with a maxi 1200 would do fine and are around $164, but the
ASM G1 Euroreef style In sump protein skimmer with sedra 2500 pump is $195
at CaptiveReefs

HTH
Keep in touch

Jay

openbrain

Thanks everyone for the info. Jay, I told him he was going to spend around $200.00, he seemed to be alright with that. He seems to be swaying toward an hob, I personally don't know anything about them but a couple of people have said they're ok. I'm still looking at them and haven't made a decision yet. hopefully we'll get the right for him.

Don

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have a HOB remora pro with a mag 3 on my sump. Love it!! It REALLY does a great job removing nasties... my trAtes stay around 5ppm now. BTW... I feed a LOT.

TDEVIL

Don, the remora will do fine, like the others have said, one of the LFS here has a few running, they use the skimmer box for it, they say it helps, i have seen it work and they are quiet and like Doni said they pull out the good stuff

you know they arnt that hard to build, lol

Jay