Size of flow pump plumbing

DaveK

Could you explain exactly what your trying to do with the loc line?

Usually you can make the flow go anyplace you want with more or less standard pipe fittings. Also anytime you use an elbow fitting or hose barb, you cut water flow. There might be better methods.

DaveK

Are you talking about a more or less conventional power head pump or a pump actually designed as a flow pump, such as eco tech?

If your using a conventional power head, what you plan will give you some improvement. The best way to figure out what you'll need is to take the lock line fitting and the powerhead output to Home Depot or a similar store, and find the fittings that will work for you. You may not find an exact match, because powerheads often don't use standard plumbing fittings, so you may need to get something too small or too large and then other fittings to get the size too small, and then drill or grind out the fitting to get the size you need. It's not a hard thing to do, but does take time.

If you have an actual flow pump like an eco tech, then save your money, your very unlikely to improve over something like that.

modulok

Just the three stock pump outlets. I do have dual vortechs as well, so I want the flexibility with loc line. But if Red Sea doesn't use standard plumbing hoses I will probably just leave it. Adding loc line shouldn't turn into a project that requires modification.