Sick toad Help please

jbeckett25

I have a toadstool he has been in my tank for about 3 weeks when I got him he had this yellow sandy looing skin on his base but I didn't think anything of it (im rather new to the reef). well at anyrate this suff is now all over the salk and under the head. I touched it with my turkey baster and noticed the yellow stuff was also now on it aswell I have never sean anything like it it he a goner can he be saved and will it spread to the rest of my tank? Please help!
Also water is no2 .5, No3 2.5, PO 0, SQ 1.029, temp 79 F,

also I have just add a new DIY revers flow skimmer.
Water change about every 2 weeks (5 gal.)
no2 and no3 were at 0 then I had 2 fish die about a week apart and was unable to remove them this was a week ago the last one died.
I would say the flow on the toad is moderite to low not hard enought to blow him over but moves his tenticals nicely.
lighting is 2 50/50 36w PCs
filtering is Bio balls, PO floss and the DIY skimmer, just added cheeta to sump
tank is a bio 29 sump and ref is about 10.5 gals. (just made 2 weeks ago)
skimmer 3"x 18" (about 2 gals)
add tropic marin bio-calcium at night

Attachments

• jsw_sick_toadstool.jpg
    jsw_sick_toadstool.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
jbeckett25 how long has your tank been up and running?
What size tank?

How much and often are your water changes?

What type of lighting?

What type of filtration are you using?

Are you dosing anything in the tank?

I see from your test results you have "something" happening in your tank and I suspect it may not have fully cycled yet.

Your SG is high! You need to slowly lower it during water changes by adding slightly lower SG water. Don't do this suddenly as the sudden shock might be worse than the elevated conditions are.

What type of flow is this leather in? It might just be "sloughing" off it's outer coating.

The more you can tell us the better "armed" we are with suggestions about your tank.

DJLiquid

Your specific gravity is WAY WAY too HIGH!!! The only thing that would survive in that is brine shrimp or Tilapia. That's your problem right there I'm sure. Your going to over do it with that much dosing. Take a breather and I would first get that salinity managed 1.024-1.025 but slowly. Good luck. As long as your doing water changes enough, your everyday dosing is not required.