sick blue-green chromis? -changed colour!

simmo888

We've just added our first two fish both blue-green chromis' and a piece of coral.
one of the fish is absolutley fine. The other is tilted to one side and displaying very different behaviour to the other. it appears stressed and has changed colour to a dark grey black colour. We have only had it approx 4 hours.
Could this just be the stress of the transfer or is it ill?

rob

simmo888

thanks for the advice, the lights for the aquarium are off but the lights in the room are on, will this causes a problem?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I take it all of your water parameters are good?

Not sure about the room lights, I was just thinking since he was in a new environment, dim lighting might ease his transition. Hopefully someone else will jump that has more experience.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hopefully the chromis is just stressed after the transport & acclimation. Let us know how it does.

simmo888

Thankyou, i have woken up this morning and it still looked a little dark, since the lights have come on though it is back to normal, they are both making a start on the 100's of pods of the glass whih is good!

will post some pictures soon

tnwillia

My Chromis pair were also my first fish and have been the healthiest, biggest eaters well. Good luck, they'll be fine!