Shrimps feeding

Curehead

have had my clean up crew in the tank for three days now and the snails are going great guns all over the tank, the Conch's are always zipping through the sand and cleaning the bottom of the glass on the sand-bed line..my hermit crab follows the Conch's around and seems to be giving their shells a good clean.. i thought he was attacking them at one point but the Conch had both eyes out and was busy funnelling something from the sand..

I was beginning to get worried about the cleaner shrimp and the boxer... the cleaner just hangs upside down all day cleaning his legs and the boxer had retreated behind the rock. I hadn't seen any of them eat.

I have shrimp sticks but the first time i put two in they ignored them and I am terrified of polluting with uneaten fodder.

This morning I got up and I switched the pumps and wave makers all off to add my daily dose of Microbiology preparation (Microbac) and both shrimp shot out of their normal spots to the front of the tank, I quickly krill sprayed 2 shrimp sticks and dropped them in. The cleaner grabbed both of them and must have been starving as he didn't even seek cover and just rolled them in his front legs until they were gone. The boxer seemed totally non-plused and continued to wait at the front of the tank.
I went to the freezer took a cooked frozen shrimp and thawed it in tap water, gave it a quick krill and garlic spray and dropped a piece in...he took it in his claws and shot back behind the rock.

i figure that due to their spindly nature they don't like to look for food when the wave makers are on. i have both of them on 24/7 but from this little encounter I've decided to turn everything off for feeding time.

Should I be turning them off at night to give them a chance to get around the

Whole tank and clean up?
Am i crazy to see such personality in invertebrates?
Should i be even feeding them?
They seem happy now ....

tnwillia

Don't worry about your shrimp. They are opertunistic eaters. They are cleaning/eating everything left over every day from your feeding. Mine steal the food from others if they can get it and they are by no means starving. Have fun!

Curehead

cheers mate thats reassuring.
In fact I have noticed the Conches go after the uneaten food too. havent seen the hermit all day LOL he's so funny. He has found a cave in the live rock and
plays peekabo with me. Whenever I come to the glass h's head shoots back inside the cave..then when I'm still he's peering out again.

Also another thing is both of my blue mushroom corals occasionally close themselves up into a ball turn 45% then open up again...is this normal?
I think they maybe chasing the sun across the apartment and whilst there is no direct sunlight on the tank there is a strong reflection from my white walls.