Show me your full tank shots!!!

Witfull

3 picture merge of the 210 monster~~

tank-10-19-05.jpg

Witfull

that would be a cement block,,,1 0f 5 used as base rock. it has blue, teal and bicolor orange/purple ricordia ,a toadstool, and few gorgonian frags, milli frags, digi frags growing off of it~

AW2EOD

Witfull...

2 of my fav fish...the Tusk and Sohal! Gorgeous!

And, nice idea with the blocks! I've thought about this but people have always told me that the blocks would leach chemicals into your tank? You've had no kinds of problems with them??

Witfull

none so far, the only thing i heard bad was pH spike due to the cement, but i cured them in vinigar water for awhile before putting them in. and they are true cement blocks not cinder block.

AW2EOD

Very cool! Thanks!

Do you remember aprox. how long you cured them in the vingar water?

I've been trying to come up with different ways to stack more rock...or, more specifically, to give my current rock a more "filled out" look. I've contemplated buying more base rock (which I dont want to do), using black milk crates, cut to different sizes, and concrete block.

Witfull

2 weeks in a 1/3 solution of vinigar, the a week in RO, 100% change once. i have seen the milk crate thing done, but felt it to flexible and subject to sagging with weight and time.

AW2EOD

I wonder if it would be possible to mix up batches of that "aggrecrete" stuff...the DIY live rock/base rock and then attach it to the blocks...making your own texture and adding to the design of the block?

What are your thoughts, on that?

oldsaint

Craig Manoukian said:
How big was the grouper when you got it and how long have you had it? TIA!

lol...I got him about 3-4 yrs ago. He's at least double in size since then. I think he would eat until he'd popped. I stop feeding him at 10-12 large silversides and a few krill and he still wants more.
Nice to see some other FOWLR tanks. They ALL look very nice. That Dragon eel is cool. A lfs had one for sale down here but it was around 800.00...a little on the high side for me.

Jerome

Fish_Tank_Oct_31st_2005_thumb1.gif

My 50 gallon had to edit the picture a little because the tops very bright and the botton is under an overhang.