Show me you mug shot!!!!!!!!

Witfull

Originally posted by mps9506
Don't ask why I'm cheesin so much this early in the morning...
1.jpg
i know why,,,,your gonna go surfing,,,thats why...i know that look...i used to get it on my face....OR you did go surfing and,,,,,umm wait,,,,pg13...lol.

mps9506

Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
Is the surf up? I see the board in the background. Good morning to you!

No surf this morning, flat till this saturday probably.
Surfboards are always ready to go though. Sometimes I even take them to work if I'm going right after I get off, or sometimes I come into work with my board and soaking wet in my boardshorts or wetsuit and change their and leave my board in the bathroom.
It's like being a boyscout, be prepared :D
Mike

DuhJeepster

No surf this morning, flat till this saturday probably.
Surfboards are always ready to go though. Sometimes I even take them to work if I'm going right after I get off, or sometimes I come into work with my board and soaking wet in my boardshorts or wetsuit and change their and leave my board in the bathroom.
It's like being a boyscout, be prepared :D
Mike

We are supposed to get a ESE windswell here in NE Florida, but don't think it will happen. It's been Lake Atlantic here.

You sound like me, but I have a problem with keeping my board in my work's bathroom . . . it's 9'3" long. I keep it in my Jeep, but it sticks out the back about 2 ft.

mps9506

Originally posted by DuhJeepster
We are supposed to get a ESE windswell here in NE Florida, but don't think it will happen. It's been Lake Atlantic here.

You sound like me, but I have a problem with keeping my board in my work's bathroom . . . it's 9'3" long. I keep it in my Jeep, but it sticks out the back about 2 ft.

Last week was ok here if you went to a south facing beach.
We "were" supposed to get a small S/SE swell but the buoy forcast just blew that out the water. Looks like it will be Lake Atlantic here for at least the next week unless a good storm pushes through.

I'm still holding on to my shortboards, they fit in my car. As I'm getting older I've been thinking of investing in a nice longboard for those ankle high chop days :) It's gotten a lot harder to catch small waves as I've gotten bigger.

Mike

ReefLady

Staff member
Someday, someday, I'll learn to surf. It's a calling, I know it - even though I've never stepped foot on a surf board.

Please don't make me snowboard (though I'd probably enjoy that too.....)

mps9506

Originally posted by ReefLady
Someday, someday, I'll learn to surf. It's a calling, I know it - even though I've never stepped foot on a surf board.

Please don't make me snowboard (though I'd probably enjoy that too.....)

Once you do you will never stop. It's the one thing that has held me close to my friends through the years. We have all graduated college, some have gotten great jobs, some of use are still "stuck" at the beach, but we all still call each other during each swell and make sure we can paddle out togther.
Mike

DuhJeepster

Mike,

Have you seen Step Into Liquid yet? I saw it in Jacksonville at one of the local theaters, and recently bought the DVD.

mps9506

Mike,

Have you seen Step Into Liquid yet? I saw it in Jacksonville at one of the local theaters, and recently bought the DVD.

Yup I have it on DVD also. Pretty good. Reminded me a lot of the Billabong Odyssey.
I still prefer the local made stuff. It's more fun for me to watch surfer's rippin it up in knee to waist high mush or in hurricane swell than to watch the santa cruz boys doing tow ins on waves I will never ever surf.
Mike

DuhJeepster

It's more fun for me to watch surfer's rippin it up in knee to waist high mush or in hurricane swell than to watch the santa cruz boys doing tow ins on waves I will never ever surf.
Mike

Word!

I lived in Hawaii for a few years, which gave me the opportunity to surf 10 ft. + waves, but I put my board away when North Shore is on during the winter. I'd watch those guys at Pipe and Backdoor from the safety of the sand. That's plain loco to have to wear a helmet to go surfing. When you can feel the pounding of those monster waves from the beach and they are a 150 yards out, you know it's time to sit your happy butt on the beach and let the "Adrenaline Junkies" take over.

Witfull

i cannot wait for and dread the day i give up my badge.

as for surfing i grew up in hawaii and surfed some insane stuff, but i too left the BIG waves well alone. waimea in the fall is good,but winter,,,no way! winter time...lay on the beach at bellows or over by sealife park and snorkel the reefs.

Maxx

I went boogie boarding w/ some buddies of mine over at Ewa beach. Was just hangin out waitng for the right wave when I thought I saw a fin cruise past me in the water. Iwasnt too small either so I was a little worried. I called out to one of my buddies, and asked him about it. He said not to worry unless it circled 3 times. If it did that, I was sposed to catch the very next wave back in.
I asked him how he knew that 3 was the magic number...he sorta shrugged.
I caught the very next wave in and didnt play any more that day.

Wit, your talking about the day you give up your badge...I'm dreaming of the day I GET mine.
Nick

Witfull

Nick, youll feel different when you get it, when i got my first badge,,,i was moved changed and i never wanted to do anything else!

mps9506

I dunno, if I grew up in Hawaii I'd probably be trying to surf Pipe too. Can't live life with the most legendary break in the world in your backyard and not take advantage of it.
Now not having ever surfed anything like that, I can tell you I wouldn't go over there and paddle out. Especially when I see pictures of hundreds of surferes out in the lineup, and all of them probably better than me. I still have plans of ending up in CR someday though and surfing everyday for the rest of my life.
Mike

Tosh_Auer

Word!

I'd watch those guys at Pipe and Backdoor from the safety of the sand. That's plain loco to have to wear a helmet to go surfing. When you can feel the pounding of those monster waves from the beach and they are a 150 yards out, you know it's time to sit your happy butt on the beach and let the "Adrenaline Junkies" take over.

Hey My helmet gets here tomorow?
Go Hard Or Go Home is My Moto:D

Tosh