set my Reef up again about a month ago

GrendelPrime

got the mh' s going, got the skimmer skimming and have about 50lbs of dry rock in my 90gal. But my question is I want about 10 or so lbs of Manado or Pukani live rock to help seed my tank but having a hard time finding any where shipping isn't almost as much as the rock it self, Anybody know of an on-line shop that has rock for a decent price?

shark32

Check out Premium Aquatics for Manado live rock... Not too bad... Good Luck!

Manado Live Rock - Cured
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/manado-live-rock-cured.html#

$7.99
Item #: L-MANADO-CU
Shipping: Does Not Ship Free
Availability: In Stock

NOTE: Rock is sold per LB (not per piece). If you have any special requests for your rock, please contact us. We will do our best to fulfill what you're looking for (although we cannot guarantee it all to be exactly what you're wanting).

Manado Liverock, our newest #1 primo liverock available! We have long been looking for a replacement of Marshall Island liverock, only to come up empty... until now!

Manado Liverock's structure is very similar to that of it's predecessor, Marshall Island, with large, fused fingers and branches of old coral skeletons. The porosity of Manado liverock is excellent, making this a very light weight, easily stackable rock. The porosity also yields in excellent water flow throughout the structure of your reefscape, keeping detritus buildup within the rockwork to a minimum.

Please note that the lack of density to this rock nets you more volume per pound than most other rocks on the market. When calculating your purchase we recommend figuring on 10% to 20% less with Manado rock versus other rocks available on the market.

USPS Priority Mail - $11.35
UPS Ground - $13.51
3-Day Select - $20.40
Next Day Air - $51.41
Local Pickup - FREE!

shark32

Hey Grendal,
did you order it from Premium Aquatics? If so, can you post how the rock is when you get it?
or if you get any cool hitchhikers? LOL
I was considering getting my extra LR for my 125 DT online, just so I could maybe get some cool hitchhikers..

GrendelPrime

i actualy ended up going with the Pukani instead, was a few bucks cheaper, sorry for not stating that in my last reply, rock should be in Friday and I will take pics

GrendelPrime

well the rock came in and I am very disappointed with it over all, size and the rocks them selves are nice but I paid for "live rock", this looks like the only time it was wet is when they wrapped them in wet paper, completely bleached

shark32

That really stinks.... you pay so much $$ for live rock and then to be really disappointed is a big bummer... maybe give them a call and tell them you are not really happy with their 'live' rock...

Oxylebius

Sorry to hear that the rock wasn't what was advertised. If there is calcified algae on those rocks that have bleached, sometimes it will color back up in a couple weeks time in your tank.

GrendelPrime

I thought so to stir, he explained to me that the rock sites in large vats so the rock gets almost no light, so if I wanted rock with a lot of life he will give me a full refund and I can try the Manado

GrendelPrime

So I just got an email from Jason from premium aquatics and I have to say I am very impressed with how far they will go to make there customers happy, not only were they willing to give me a 100% refund which included shipping but they also gave me other options on what I wanted to do, i could send the rock back or I could keep the rock and they would still refund me 50% of my order or I could receive 10lbs of Manado rock for free, again I am very impressed with the way they value there customers

GrendelPrime

i went with the 10lbs of Mandano and it is very nice rock, completely covered in coralline,haven't noticed much in the way of critters but 1 rock was covered in halimena