Selling it ALL!!!

ronfox

Well, I have decided to throw in the towel. I am just not into this hobby. I want to thank everyone who helped me with all my questions. Now, I have a 29 gallon bio cube, with the matching stand. They are about 7 months old. I also have an Aqua C Remora skimmer, maxijet 1200, Sunpod 20" metal haylides, another powerhead (penguin 1140) . These are all 3 weeks old. The skimmer and the lights alone are worth 375$. I have all the paper work that came with everything. I dont know what the remora skimmer is rated for. I can't find it on the paper work. I bought everything from RS sponsors. I can give my rock and corals to a friend unless you want them also. If you are close to the Wilmington NC area, I will help move. If you have any questions about the equipment, please ask. Make me an offer.

ronfox

It feels like this is more of a job to me instead of a hobby. I have enough hobbys as it is. The maintenance and care for this hobby has become more of a drag for me. My hat is off to you all who stick with it daily. You have some beautiful aquariums.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry Ron! I think you went to small. Smaller tanks require great attention to detail. the larger the system the easier it is to keep. I would not give up so quickly and think about upgrading first. I have to be honest, nano's are apita!

Emg

If you're willing to ship.......and you're desperate to get the skimmer off your hands.....I may be interested. I have a 29 all glass reef that needs one......my dad lives in Franklin, NC....but I'm up in CT

ronfox

I would like to see what happens over the next couple of days. I am hoping that someone close by wants the whole package. But I will surely get back to you if nothing happens.

DrHank

Sorry to see you go Ron but you're right, if it isn't fun for you why do it. If you change your mind and decide to try it again later on I recommend looking for a good used 75 gallon set up. Frankie is right, the smaller they are, the harder they are to maintain. Anyway, enjoy your other hobbies and check back whenever you like.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Always feel at home here also Ron. At 100 posts you put in some time here. Not all people here have tanks. Maybe you like learning and helping more then keeping an actual tank?

ronfox

Its kinda funny that I have no idea who you people are but I feel guilty leaving the hobby and I feel like I am letting you all down. I just need to step away for now and think about everything. Something inside wanted me to get into this hobby, maybe I will try again someday. I will go larger. Have a great new year. Talk to you later. I will be in touch.

blue_eyes53813

Im sorry to hear this Ron, You didnt let any of us down. Its totally up to you. I give you credit for recognizing this isnt for you and caring enough for the livestock to find them a good home. Some would ignore the tank and in the long run the livestock suffers... Hopefully you can get back into it someday.

how old is your tank? i felt the same way when i just started my 20 gallon a couple years ago. then when it matured it was awesome.

mps9506

Its kinda funny that I have no idea who you people are but I feel guilty leaving the hobby and I feel like I am letting you all down. I just need to step away for now and think about everything. Something inside wanted me to get into this hobby, maybe I will try again someday. I will go larger. Have a great new year. Talk to you later. I will be in touch.

:) Keep checking back with us. I've been tankless for a little over a year and a half now because I've been bouncing back in forth between cities and have not been able to keep a tank.
Hopefully it will change by this summer, looking to get myself back in Wilmington by then. If you are back in the hobby by then and ever need help or anything give me a shout on here.
sometimes not keeping a tank lets you organize your thoughts and ideas for a tank and decide what kind of tank would be a better setup for you, or at least lets your save up to get as much automated equipment as possible :D

PEMfish

"What do you have in the way of livestock?"
-What animals do you have, fish, coral, CUC, etc.?

I need a heater for W/Cs, can I buy yours when all animals/LR are gone?

prow

sorry about your frustrations. WHEN yes WHEN you get back into it do go with a bigger tank. say 100gal, its ture the bigger the tank the less work and attention needed. good luck on the sale.

ronfox

Ninjatacco, the tank is about 6-7 months old. Paul em, I am trying not to sell everthing in pieces for a couple of days or so, I would like to sell the whole package if possible. Thanks, PROW. Have a good one.